Do you think he really will marry me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2.5 years but we have known eachother for almost 10 years. I fell in love with him when I first met him, but did not think he liked me that way. We were both in long term relationships that failed shortly before we got together. He fell in love with me right after we started dating, but we have been doing everything at a snail's pace. We are both 31, but it took 1.5 years before we even moved in together. Now I want to get married but he keeps saying "eventually". We both cannot have kids so we are not in a rush to get married for that but I want to get married before I'm 35 because I don't want to be an old bride. He went from saying "if we get married" to "when we get married" about 10 months ago but has not proposed. When I talk about our wedding he talks about it with me and he says we are going to get married but when he is ready. Do you think that I he really means it or is it not going to happen and he just does not want to end the relationship? I'm 100% sure I want to marry him and spend the rest of my life with him, but also I really want to get married and that is very important to me. Do you think he will marry me or is he just saying that stuff to keep me from leaving?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its hard to tell. Im just seeing gender differences, female wants to get married ASAP, male is trying to hold off as long as possible. I do find the switch from "if" to "when" a little interesting, sounds like something i would say if i felt like i may lose a person due to uncertainty. if implies 'it May/may not happen', when implies 'it will happen', but with no specifics, using when, is like using if. I'd like to say you are been kept on the hook but the situation isn't complete for that.
    You can ask for specifics as to When thats gonna be, but thats a two way street so be careful. or you can continue waiting, thats a one-way street with thick fog in the front.

What Guys Said 3

• I think he's telling you the truth he will when he's sure he's ready

• Why can't you have kids? Is on of you infertile?

• Both of us are. He cannot and I had to have a hysterectomy about a year ago.

• I think he's being honest, but that isn't enough for you. You have a time table. You want to be married by a certain date.

There is NO guarantee he shares that view point.

What Girls Said 1

• Why the rush to get married if you already live together? Sometimes marriages ruins relationships and it's just a paper, I don't think that you should pressure him guys don't like that

• Where in the world do people keep getting this stupid idea that a piece of metal and a few papers are going to change their relationship at all? There's tax benefits!