Yelled at my wife, how do I reapproach?

My wife told me she is pregnant and I got really upset. We never had unprotected sex and I didn't want kids yet, so I reacted badly. She is now saying I don't love her or the baby and we should get a divorce so we don't bring the baby into a loveless marriage. I feel bad and know I handled the situation badly, how can I reapproch her and tell her I really do love her and the baby?

I also lost my job a week ago

Most Helpful Girl

• It's understandable to panic in this situation, but obviously this was a very bad way to react to this news. Buy her flowers or something (you know her best) and apologize profusely and say you were just scared and it was wrong, and you will do anything for her and your baby.

If I may ask, what protection were you using?

What Girls Said 4

• apologize. profusely. and do your best to explain WHY you reacted that way and that you truly do... love her and the baby. or whatever.

just to stick the knife in deeper... i would be utterly heartbroken if i got yelled at for being pregnant. nice one.

• Her baby? If you are the only one having sex with that woman then that is your baby too. You hate the though now, but when you see that sweet little face, smiling at you. Your son or daughter. You gone regret saying this :)

As a woman you want your husband (future husband) to be exited when the woman gets pregnant. Cause it is a miracle. Trust me it is. For you to react like that is hurtful. I think you should go to her and give her a nice hug and kiss her. Tell her you are sorry for the reaction, and you love her no matter what.

• Just go straight to her and tell her sorry with lots of tears and say u reacted that way bc u were nervous about being a father and ton of stress related things. Like be really upset and say I love u and the baby I was just nervous about being a dad that I reacted that way.

• You shouldn't have had sex.
    That was wrong of you.
    Get on your knees and apologize.

• How is having sex bad?

• For the dumb ass that commented I never said it was bad. Thanks for the downvote.

If he didn't want his wife pregnant he could've guaranteed it by not having sex (abstinence). It's the number one form of Birth Control. Duh.

What Guys Said 2

• I'd sign up for a kickboxing class.

• Get a paternity test.