Should I marry my girlfriend?

A little info. I am 25 years old and my girlfriend is 29 years old. We have been dating since September of 2014. It is an interracial relationship (I'm black and she's white). Personally, I'm open to the idea of marrying her and she wants marriage as well. Everything has been going well. We live together, help each other with the bills, and the sex is out of this world amazing. However, is 4 months too soon to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's too soon, because you have to get to know each other a little bit more. Right now you are in a 'honeymoon' phase and everything is nice and great, but you should get to know her bad sides as well and vice versa to know if that's the person you want to spend your life with. I'm not saying she's not the right one for you but you have to give it more time in my opinion. Good luck!

• You have a point. I have to consider everything (the good and the bad). Our parents think we should get to know each other better before tying the knot.

• Isn't the honeymoon supposed to occur immediately AFTER the marriage?

• The early phase of the relationship has always been called the honeymoon phase for some reason.

What Girls Said 7

• I know people who have gotten married after about 3 months. I personally wouldn't go for anything less than a year at least, but that's just me. And if your even slightly hesitant about doing it, don't do it. You can be scared she'll say no, but if you don't feel 100% to propose don't do it. My dad always told me if your nervous about who your marrying on your wedding day or nervous proposing don't do it

• If you have to ask people on the internet, then the answer is no. Also 4 months is nothing.

• If you are questioning whether you should marry your gf or not then no. I think it is one of the most important decision in your life and you have to be sure and it has to feel right.
    Although I've seen a couple who married after a month relationship but they are still together for fourteen years.
    :) if you both want to and if you both are ready then why not! But i feel like you asking the question on here seems you are not ready for it yet. just take your timeeeeee 😊

• Try living together and saving money before you say I DO!

• We already live together.

• This is not a question strangers on the internet can answer for you..

• I'm sure many people have been in my position before. That's why I asked. But you have a point.

• i think it is too early

• 4 months is awful soon to make that kind of commitment. In that short span of time, she probably hasn't revealed all facets of her personality to you yet. Give it at least a year. Get to know her better, the good and the bad. Then make a decision. Good luck to you!

What Guys Said 3

• I can't help but notice that you failed to mention if you truly love her. Do you treasure her? Would you put your life on the line for her? Would you deny yourself all worldly pleasures for her? Would you want to keep this one person in your life even if it meant you'd never get to sleep with her again? That's what it means to truly love someone.

• Seems like y'all are pretty good together, but perhaps at a year you will be rock-solid in your decision making. I'm not sure. Continue to think it over, not something to take lightly.

• since you are over 25 no prob. if you were 24 i'd tell you you are still young and you should wait.

• I mean... gotta grow up sometime right. Lol.