Would you stay in a relationship that clearly had no future?

Would you stay in a relationship with someone who had no intentions of marriage or children, because they were already married with children? Even if it's what you've always wanted?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I loved her enough, yes?

• I personally think it's different for guys. In this case were talking about an older man and a woman 13 years his junior. 10 years in and she thinks he's going to marry her. I mean, if he were, wouldn't he by now?

What Guys Said 3

• Your wording is very unclear... you mean 'because they were previously married and had children.'

I wouldn't be in a relationship with them in the first place - divorced I can handle, but kids? No way.

• they were previously married and had children, they WERE married. What is unclear about that? They were married and now they are not? Why do people nitpick, you clearly know what I was implying.

• I only know because someone else below got confused too and you'd clarified for them.

We don't nitpick, *you* don't write clearly.

• If they were already married I'd never have started a relationship with them in the first place.

• I wouldn't be there in the first place... How can you date someone who is married with kids?

• they aren't married, they were married (divorced) with children.

• Oh yeah, I misread it... Can a woman propose?

What Girls Said 3

• nope. which is why i think it's important to make it known relatively early that someday you want to get married and have kids. i would be super disappointed that i let myself fall in love with someone who had completely different goals and plans than me because it would kill me to have to break up with them.

• Nope, marriage and having a family is important to me. And if he doesn't see a future with me then I'll cut my losses and find someone else who feels the same

• Be with the person you love. Marriage should NEVER be important to you than being with that person. If it is... you should probably reevaluate your relationship.