Guys: Would you marry a virgin or would you prefer to have sex before you're actually married?

I always wondered what guys would pick cuz I'm a virgin and I'm perfectly fine with being one and waiting. I think if a guy truly loves me then waiting shouldn't be an issue. If he wants it before marriage just to see if the sex is "Good enough" then that must be more important to him than me and that's not working for me. So... what do you guys think when it comes to settling down? Wait or don't wait? (this is a judgement free zone so speak your mind).

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're looking at it a bit too narrow. I do think that you should wait and do what's more comfortable for you, but I don't think that just because a guy wants to have sex before marriage it means he cares more about sex than he does about you. Sex is an important piece in a marriage, and now that I've had sex myself, I know how important good sex is to a happy relationship. I also know how much bad sex (or incompatible sex and drives) can affect a relationship as well.

And it's not just about the guys. I wouldn't wait until marriage now.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't wait, tbh. I know I'll get a lot of flak for this from the girls, but tbh it's better to ensure you're sexually compatible BEFORE you sign the papers. And virginity is just a social construct anyway.

• If i could meet a honest woman.. yes i would marry her whether
    she's a virgin or not makes no difference, as long as she got a great
    personality , looks not problem... yeah i never had sex with girl cause
    i want meet girl who will truly love me forever as the same with her:)

• I am also waiting until marriage, but I would not think any less of a girl if she wasn't a virgin too.

• I wear a purity ring and completely agree with what you said, but I think that not marrying someone solely because they're not a virgin is pretty shallow and judgmental. If someone I intended to marry turned out to not be a virgin, I wouldn't love her any less. So long as she was willing to let me try to convince her that premarital sex is bad, I'd still marry her.

• Either is fine. Personally, I have no issue with sex before marriage. It would really suck to get with someone, and BAM... sex is horrible, or realize you aren't compatible sexually.

• Yes I would as long as she was open minded and willing to grow with me as a lover. Good sex is a big part of a healthy relationship and some people are just bad at it so you shouldn't have an overly negative opinion of someone who is wary of the consequences entering a marriage without knowing what their getting into.

• Sex with the long-term relationship

What Girls Said 3

• I've seen a lot of guys, on GAG, say no to waiting and that they'd want to see if they are sexually compatible with someone before tying the knot. I don't think that is every guy, though. I've also seen plenty of guys, on GaG at least, say that they would like to wait until marriage to do the deed.

• People are always asking this question, and i think it's dumb because I think that it doesn't matter to guys if a girl has experience or not. Sex is Sex, and if the girl has no experience, well I think it's the guy's job to teach her new things so sex doesn't becomes a routine. Well, that's my opinion :)

• I think guys like a slutty girl for a good time but a virgin for a wife

• Yes, and obviously it's slutty if you give yourself to him out of mutual lasting love...

• Thats why I said slutty for a good time!!! Foo not for gf or a wife