Do you think you will marry someone outside of your race? ... outside of your religion?

What's are your views?

THIS IS A JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE. BE RESPECTFUL!!

*I give everyone a "^" just for sharing.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is very less chance that I am marrying inside my religion or race I barely fit In with the society I live in. Apart from my religion I prefer Christianity. So if I ever had a luck to built successful career before 30 and go around the world. I will love to date girls of other religions and see how it goes? I see humanity more then religion.
    My definition for religions- Religions were - something built by gods/Aliens/ Extraterrestrial to involve us and bring all humans together to evolve in a successful civilizations , so we can develop as one and grow, instead of fucking each other , and now once we have developed a civilization and have branches of knowledge to discuss on like social science , science , chemistry , biology , physics , history, geography, sports , politics. One does not needs to involve into fight between the religion's. Only the uneducated and stupid human forms those are incapable of giving their life a meaning , before the inevitable death arrives fight over the religion and pray, to monuments and stones , instead of worshipping this humanity by loving and cherishing each other.

What Guys Said 82

• Race yes and I don't have a religion so it would be easier to date someone nonreligious or someone who was only slightly religious.

• I answered this question wrong.. I said yes to race meaning I potentially would because I don't care about that stuff not that I definitely would.

• I did marry someone outside my race. they are a different sect of Christianity than what I was raised on but still Christian

• Race , definitely.
    Religion... possibly but nothing too extreme. I was raised Christian , currently agnostic so I am familiar with the Christian traditions.

• Probably not. I don't mesh well on a deep level with those that have very different lifestyles/cultures/opinions than me.

• I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were to happen. Most of my dating has been interracial anyway, and religion isn't something I am bothered by at all.

• Serriously, why do people on GAG frequently bundle race and religion together? One is a collection of physical features you are born with and the other is the philosophy and moral structure you live your life by. There is no reason to group them together! Agh!

Of course I'd marry a woman who looks vastly different from me, but no way would I choose a partner for life who's views on good/evil were constantly in conflict with mine! We have to have the same mission/objective as to why we were put into the world and what we are responsible to do with our time here, or how are we supposed to function as a team?

• Really? I don't think what the asker means to do is bundle the two together. She's asking to separate questions.
      1) Do you think you will marry someone outside of your race?
      2) Do you think you will marry someone outside of your religion?
      Just because she asked them at the same time, doesn't mean she thinks there is any correlation between the two.

• @existing_not_living I hope you are right, though the two topics are regularly introduced together on GAG, which has caused some alarm on my part as you can clearly see.

• @Punkbuster107 @existing_not_living is correct. I didn't mean to bundle them together. I didn't mean to upset you. Thank you both for commenting.

• I am into all girls. So I dont mind if she is another religion or race. As long as she has a good personality that will attract me. So the answer to your question is most likely yes because all the girls I have dated were outside my religion. Lol

• I would never get married to anyone. I do want to spend the rest of my life with someone though. Race is not an issue, I could love any background, but I couldn't be in a serious relationship with a religious person, regardless of the religion. Spiritual is ok, but belief in a higher power or any religion would be incompatible with me.

• Though I am married to a woman of my own race, race would not have mattered. That was not a determining factor. I am a Christian, However, the wife is not religious. The one thing I would not bend on is having the same morals and values. It paid off quite nicely.

• Maybe, I don't really know. To be honest, it's not what I'm picturing, but to be more honest, I don't really care about her race.
    About the religion: I'm an atheist, and I don't care what she beliefs, as long as she respects my beliefs, so yeah, I'll probably marry a girl that's religious, or maybe not.

• I'd only date a Christian who isn't taking it seriously. Like, they don't go to church, they don't believe in "sex only after marriage", and they don't pray to God.

Buddhists are okay, they're weird but okay.

I'd never ever even consider dating a Muslim.

And outside of my race, well only if I find them physically attractive. It's a bit more rare than for my own race, to be honest.

• So that's a no then :P

• Well it's pretty simple, Christians are Christians and so on no matter what house you grow up in the choice is yours. That is what free will is. Humans have a lot of free will.

• No, on either count.

Race: I'm white, and find white girls way more attractive than other races. And dating takes effort, time. I'm not going through the bother if I can't get a girl I find attractive.

Religion: anyone who marries outside their religion is saying their religion means squat to them. Let's face it. For example, Christianity says people who refuse to repent and accept God's gift of salvation will go to hell... if a Christian married a non-Christian, they'd have to live with the knowledge their love would spend eternity in hell for refusing to repent of their sins. What real Christian would actually do that?

• I am a christian and I would date someone outside of my religion. Simply because I respect all religions and I am not a hypocrite. We all sin in different ways and I am not the perfect Christian either. I am not going to condemn someone for not thinking the way that I do. We would just need to get on common ground when it came to teaching/ or not teaching the children, that is all. I think I am just an open-minded person.

• Jesus of course. But what exactly is your point?

• My point is you don't sound like you actually are a Christian at all.

For one, it's not about hypocrisy. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Even King David did plenty of wrong. It's not about being perfect, it's about "confessing with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believing in your heart that God has raised him from the dead."

For two, if you were a Christian, you wouldn't "respect all religions" because you'd believe that all the people following those false gods are damming themselves to hell.

• I don't think anyone should give a crap about ethnicity, but religion is a somewhat different story. I'm a Christian, and if she were a Christian too I'd be perfectly fine with whatever denomination she was (those aren't actually separate religions). If she were of one of the other Abrahamic religions (or maybe even any monotheistic religion), I'd be okay with that too. I might even enjoy having (calm and friendly) theological debates with her. If she were of any other religion I'd still love her, I'd want to try to convert her first.

• Yes. Now gime my upvote! =P

Truth be told, I still have my preferences, and I balance it around other conditions as well. I believe in fairness and would choose a partner as close to my ideal as possible, and of course, match their ideal as closely as possible.

For everything, we make up for it with something else.

Specifically though, I prefer a girl who has lighter skin tone than myself =P. In order to increase my range, I try to tan myself a bit. LOL.

If she has really dark skin, it would take too much tanning, I'd get skin cancer first, so I'd probably just leave it at that. Doesn't mean other girls of same race wouldn't have fairer skin.

As for myself, my relationship with God is a lot simpler than religion, that's what I care about most. Religion comes after that, so I'm not too fussed.

• Most likely

• I dated a girl of a different religion, different ethnic group and it was hard. Finding understanding with someone outside your culture is tough she did things normal to her but unacceptable to me. I don't think it's a good idea but its your choice

• I did marry someone outside my race. She was my religion, if you could call it that. I am an agnostic and so was she, but she leaned more towards God's existence and I lean more towards God not existing.

• I see no problem dating a girl outside of my race
    i dated a Muslim girl who was mixed race not problem.
    i do know black women have been are attractive to me
    yes there's lot pretty black women..

• Could go either way, I have dated a lovely Latino girl, and an Asian girl as well but am currently dating an awesome pale redhead haha. Doesn't matter to me I suppose. As far as religion goes I believe there is a God and would like if they share that view but as far as every Sunday church... ya forget it.

• I hope so, because there's not many other blue skinned Fledravians on this planet.

• Not likely, but I'm open to both.

I dont live among many non white people, and I am not religious.

• I'm an atheist, and idc about Religion.
    As for Race, Mixed Race, Asian, European girls <3
    Coming from a British guy, in London we have so many different cultures and ethnicities.
    Not to mention tourists and travel exchange students..

• Why does race matter? Oh... it doesn't.

As far as religion, I don't have one. Sooooo not picky lol.

• Yes you do, you just choose not to discus it.

You might be either an Atheist, Humanist, or Universalist, but you'd have to think about it and come up with an answer for me to know for sure.

• You are right, @Punkbuster107 I would say I am Agnostic. I believe in a higher power, but I don't know *what* that higher power is.

• I'm married to someone my own race and religion. Race was not a big factor I just happened to attract and be around more girls of my race I guess. Religion though is a big one I wanted to make sure I married in my own religion to ensure that both of us were on the same page for ourselves, our future children. I think not being on the same page would have killed the relationship.

• Race:
    Yes I would.

Religion:
    Well as an atheist, it depends. Though I honestly could not marry someone who is Muslim, Hindu or Sikh. The values within these religions are way too hard to pursue in a relationship. I would marry a Christian as I guess I can relate with them a little more as I have some relatives who are Christian. But as long as they respect that I'm an atheist and they are not too radical about it.

• I don't really care about race, so that ones completely open, but I'm not religious, and I highly prefer my future partner not to be religious either.

• Why not? But (!) you have to fit in with him. F. e. if you are an ateist, and he is an orthodox jew, you won't understand eachother. Or if you are a free, trendy girl and he is an old-style guy, it won't function. But if you see the world the same way, it is absolutely not important, if you were born in the USA f. e. and he was born in Egypt, or South-Africa, and incidentally he is black. But there's something, that a lot of people bitch. Don't marry to someone, just because he is so interesting and cool, just because he is black or anyway different. The curiosity will desappear in some years, and after the inner attributions are the rest. I tried to discribe , that I think, I hope, I succeed (sorry because of my English)

• Don't care about race.
    I'm atheist, but I'm tolerant.

If i married religious, I'd marry one of the cherry pickers who wasn't a fundamental.

• I am madly in love with a white Catholic just like me. Unfortunately at the moment, she has decided we are not meant to be together.

• No and no. Never. Although I don't care much about religion. But if the bride is fanatical and asks of me to convert to anything for the marriage, then goodbye.

• More from Guys
    52

What Girls Said 79

• outside my race? possibly
    outside my religion? no.

• No and no.

I am not opposed to marrying outside my race but I am VERY opposed to marrying outside my religion.

I will likely not be marrying outside my race though because I'm like 99% certain I'm marrying my current boyfriend and he happens to also be white so...

But if I were single I would be 100% open to dating someone outside my race. Just not outside my religion.

• No.
    My brother is married to a Hindu (he's an Atheist) and they've just had their first child. The problems were there before, for instance he wanted an English wedding, she wanted a Hindu wedding; what happened? It was a Hindu wedding and my brother didn't invite anyone on his side to attend. The same will happen with the child being raised.

I'm not hugely religiously or atheist and neither is my brother but I think being with someone who is you will be blackmailed. I doubt I will end up with someone not like me belief wise.

As for skin colour, I'm not a racist but where I live is predominately white in this region of the country. I've never dated a non-white, and it's just because I don't know many. I wouldn't not date one but as of yet I haven't, and my boyfriend atm is white as well.

• I married somebody of my race but he's from another country and a completely different culture. I'm really glad I did.

• Outside of my race? Possibly. Outside of my religion? I don't know. I was seeing an atheist once and it didn't bother me. You would have thought I would have been the one that should have been trying to convert him to christianity but I never brought religion up. The funny thing is it seemed like he was always trying to prove to me that God doesn't exist. Like he was trying to convert me. Anyways we kinda just stopped talking. It wasn't like we ended up hating or resenting the other I think we just realized that it probably wouldn't work out and it was for the best.

• When I was younger I would think I wanna only marry someone of my race cause it's what i know and i've never been at the time attracted to the other races that wanted to date me. But I have grown up, my view changed I would date someone outside of my race and religion. I am a christian. But I would marry any person of any religion even atheism, as long as they don't bash Christianity to my face or to someone who would tell me what they said and as long as they didn't bash me for it behind my back. I have three bro in laws, one is a christian, one is a hindu and one is a muslim... guesss i have to marry the atheist hahaha... just a joke about the atheist thing. Point is, once there is chemistry, communication, honesty, maturity, love and all the things that matter for a relationship I will date the person.

• Outside of my race, well no since technically anything outside of my race would probably be an animal. That's just not my thing. Outside of my ethnicity? Sure I will. (Sorry, couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a smart-ass lol)

Outside of my religion? I'm not sure. I grew up in a 2 religion household. My mom is Christian and my dad is Jehovahs Witness. It was kind of rough at times because they clashed with certain stuff. Like celebrating birthdays and holidays and certain stuff. So I don't know if I wanna put my kids through that. But then again if believed in love, I don't know if I could let the difference of religious beliefs be the thing that keeps me from marrying the person I love...

• No. I'll marry no one. But i'll screw them outside of my race.

• I was always open to Hawaiians and Mexicans... do the French count?

• I'd marry any race. Don't care about that. Outside of my religion would be tough, though. What do you mean? Do you mean that he is a part of a religion and deeply follows it and it's a lot different than mine, or do you mean that he doesn't have a religion and doesn't follow anything? Something in between?

• I could see myself marrying outside of race but not religion. So far when I've dated outside of my religion it has always been a problem.

• I don't care about race but religion is another story. I MIGHT date somebody from a different religion but only if they are really good people and believe in a higher power and live by the same values I consider to be good

• I highly doubt it

• Outside of my race? - Most likely, but honestly race isn't an issue.

Outside of my religion? - Most likely.

• Outside of race? Maybe. Outside of religion? No. I couldn't see that working at all. It would just be too much of a clash to ever get anywhere.

• Of course for both! if it's a a connection and we love each other, why not? the only thing is that i refuse to be forced or coerced into a religion , if they couldn't accept that i won't find myself in their religion then i don't know how well it would work out.

• Yuuuuuuup and Yuuuuuuuup :)

• My dad is a Muslim and my mother a Christian. Things didn't work out well. I say there would be no way for me to marry someone outside my religion, basically because religion is a very delicate topic. I watch couples get torn apart because they are very determined that only their view of worshipping God is the right way. This doesn't apply to everyone, but I'd rather not take risks. As for race, I'd prefer someone who shared my interests in culture, food, music, etc . I'd love to make a home with someone with an accent I've grown up hearing, and other thing like that. Seeing as I'm still young, that day when I find the right person is far to come, and I don't care about the race of my boyfriend. But it's a different story when it comes to settling down and getting serious. This will be who I spend my life with. I have preferences.

• As for me, I can date with him if i like him. But i'm sure that i won't marry him. I really concern about that coz I'm a girl and if I marry the guy from different religion or race, I have to take his religion. Or even if we just believe our own religion, what will happen to our children? So, I will never never marry that kind of man.

• Well I am not very religious, but I am Bosnian so most of my family members are Muslims. I think I am going to marry someone from Bosnia too, but honestly I don't know. I don't fall for Bosnian guys easily, but for some reason I still think that I probably am going to end up with a bosnian. My family doesn't really care, so it's not because of them. (Just to make that clear haha)

• Outside of my race is not a problem but I'd want to be with someone who's also a christian. the reason why I'd want to be with someone who's also a christian, is because my relationship with the Lord is a big part of my life as well as who I am, and if I were to get married, I'd want to share that experience with someone who also loves the Lord. I feel like if the guy didn't follor the Lord, than there would be too many complications since the Lord is a big part of my life

• I am white and plan on marrying my Indian boyfriend who is Hindu but not religious. He worships his god but not by prayer. I don't belong to a religion so it doesn't factor in for me. I find his culture and religion fascinating. Mostly because I feel like I don't really belong to a culture or religion. I'm a white Canadian and pretty open minded.

• I will be with someone outside of my race, i hope so too.
    As long as he don't make me convert to his religion i am fine, basically i won't want to talk about religion in our day to day convo.

• Isn't it hard to avoid a topic that defines everything your life is about for the rest of your life though?

• @Punkbuster107 I wonder why there is aneed to quote bible. My colleague love to do that and I am not christian so respectfully I listen on. I have my own religion but I dont talk about it becoz people may have their own religion or they dont believe in it. my partner cannot be too religious if not we won't work well.

• That makes sense.

• If I loved the guy then race and religion wouldn't matter to me, as long as the man in question was a good person then why should race and religion matter?

• I didn't but I could perhaps.. Depends. Color means nothing, I'd marry a man of color, or Asian etc. Religion depends. They have to still share many of my beliefs and respect those they dont. And visa versa.. I would not convert.

• No... unless I meet and hit it off with a tourist...

• Out of my race no. Just how im was raised and personally experiences
    Out of my religion, already have. I'm wiccan and my husband is catholic

• I'd hope not because it'd be difficult to get along

I'd rather marry outside my race than religion

• I doubt I will even be close to being married. I've been told several times that I'm too sweet of a girl, very mature, and guys can't handle all the qualities I have. (Cooking, grilling, cleaning, loving, affectionate, considerate, thoughtful, etc.) I've never dated a black because they're thugs where I live. I'd consider a mixed. Outside of my religion, well I don't have a religion. I just believe in Jesus and hope my man does too.

• I wouldn't mind marrying someone who's a different rave. But I think marring someone who's a different religion would cause problems eventually

• More from Girls
    49