How do you feel about marriage?

I just read a question and someone said that they would walk away from their relationship if their S/O didn't feel the same way about marriage as them, even if they were in love.
One of the comments, a guy said that her priorities were messed up because of that.

Now to each his own but I would have to agree with the question asker. It's not so much that marraige means a lot to me but I dont want to give my all, and do wife things for a man who doesn't want care about being my husband. I knew a woman who had kids and did everything for a man. He said he d8dnt believe in marriage. After 10 years and 2 kids, he broke up with her found another woman and married her after 1 year... She was heartbroken because she thought she had obeyed his wishes by not marrying him but still treating him right.
Im still young so I just wanna have fun but when I am ready to settle down, I would like it to be with a man who has the same future goals as me. I dint want to be a girlfriend forever.

Men, the ones who say it doesn't matter to be married, do you think you're just scared of marriage?
Women, if you think it doesn't matter neither, is it because your just scared your man will leave you if u push the subject or... Wht?

I dont know... Speak about your thoughts!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Call me old fashioned, but I still firmly believe in the concept of marriage. Of course, people can get divorced, but marriage still offers a level of security to the relationship which is higher than just being committed yet unmarried partners.

I certainly wouldn't consider being long term with a woman who didn't want to get married eventually.

What Guys Said 7

• Umm 2 copy paste of mine

1 Think about it what's in marriage for men? yea that right nothing that he couldn't get from just being bf-gf. Once that marriage license is printed she legally and officially has all the power LOL what she says goes and if you don't like it DIVORCE LOL

2 why get married to begin with if it's true love a marriage license does nothing but cause problems?

If y'all are planning to stay together till death does y'all part, why does a piece of paper matter then?

So why not just give her a ring and call her your wife and take a fake wedding picture and boom you're done while living happily ever after ^^.

• i dont agree with it because of the fact that so many marriages end in divorce. i also hate how people bash gay marriage saying it violates the sanctity of marriage when you have people who have marriages that last like a week long, i also hate how people think marriage is a christian invention when its not true at all. and i feel if its so sacred why dont we outlaw divorce

• I still like the idea of marriage and hope who ever I end up with is till death. Marriage with children? Nope. avi

• marriage is important in my eyes, because it shows that 2 persons are 1! you can have a normal relationship too but that wouldn't be effective as an marriage :)

• Marriage is a serious thing and important, I think. I want to get married and have children. I guess the most important thing in my family is my children. which I don't have it yet,

• Marriage = bullet to quality of life of men

The financial and emotional repercussions of divorce are catastrophic, and they overwhelmingly affect men. There is nothing in a marriage that a guy can't have without being married--kids, companionship, sex, love, etc.

Why take the risk of marriage? 50% of marriages end in divorce, and it's women filing for divorce 67% of the time. It's just stupid for a man to get married. There is not a single incentive, not a single logical reason.

Plus, look at how married men are portrayed in media--a bunch of fucking witless buffoons. Who aspires to look like that?

Fuck marriage.

• Getting married? I'd rather hang as it will be less painful.

What Girls Said 4

• For me marriage is a security thing , marriage makes it feel more permanent than just being boyfriend and girlfriend. Although there is still a chance of divorce I'd like to think I could permanently be with someone & with girlfriend and boyfriend it just wouldn't be enough for me.

• I feel afraid of marriage

• Not really into it. Plus you don't need a document to let you know that someone loves you.

• I don't want to get married