Arranged marriage?

Has anyone ever been in one? Would you ever? What do you think of them?

You're a very good debator. This was very well done and enjoyable. You even kept your cool when I attacked you and not the position.
^whoops. There really needs to be a delete or edit button.

Most Helpful Guy

• Please tell me you're from Asia or the middle east...

• Lol. USA. Sorry.

• Yeah accidently put my reply in the update and can't remove it. Lol

• I've made similar mistakes myself; just make another update to clarify this.

What Guys Said 5

• Contrary to many westerners belief arrenged marriages are not forced marriage at least not here in most cases. Parents pick a guy/girl but you are allowed to make the final call once you think that they are compatible after going out with each other and knowing them for a while.

• Free choice and nothing else. If someone arranged or suggested someone to me and they happened to be smoking hot and we clicked. i would want them.

• I'd never want to be in an arranged marriage. Marriage shouldn't, in my opinion, be forced.

• You are just wrong there. Nobody forces anyone, its arrenged which means your parents will pick a guy/girl and you'll be allowed to make the final call if you find them compatible after going out for sometime.

• I might be wrong, but I wouldn't want ANYONE to pick a guy/girl for me. Sure, I'll be able to make the final call, but any calls should be MINE, since it'll be MY marriage.

• Well usually I see it as parents why of telling us " you useless prick, you couldn't even find a girl for urself. This is the last favor you'll be getting from us" lol.

• I've never been married, in general, much less in an arranged marriage.

• If I got an arranged marriage, I'd jump off a cliff

What Girls Said 7

• I'd never want to be in an arranged marriage.
    I believe people should do:
    - what they want
    - when they want
    - with they want
    - and if they want.

• Actually thinking of doing that. Just letting my parents choose someone for me. Im just incapable of doing that myself.

• No way, it has nothing to do with others. they should stay out of it.

• I know of people who were in arranged marriages and it's funny because they seem all loved up. I feel like arranged marriages last longer than normal ones :/

• No, because you need to find someone that you truly love.

• Arranged marriage is a plague on society and should be made illegal in every country and every state

• Nope, marriage shouldn't be arranged. I would never.