To Wed Or Not To Wed... That Is The Question?

*Ahem...*

So! My fiancé of a year (known him for 10 overall, dated for 4 before he proposed) and I have been at each other's throats like crazy. We'll have a few good days and then it's armageddon all over again. Our sex life blows, he's lazy as balls, and he doesn't cook or clean. Plus, he's tacked on a good amount of weight. He was like that when he was still at home, but now that we live together, it's just amplified. And I've talked to him about it, and he says he'll get it together, but there's no execution. Also, another major factor is my not wanting kids. And he does. I love him more than anything, but I just worry I'm gonna get married just to get divorced... I don't know. Haha. What should I do?

So! My fiancé of a year (known him for 10 overall, dated for 4 before he proposed) and I have been at each other's throats like crazy. We'll have a few good days and then it's armageddon all over again. Our sex life blows, he's lazy as balls, and he doesn't cook or clean. Plus, he's tacked on a good amount of weight. He was like that when he was still at home, but now that we live together, it's just amplified. And I've talked to him about it, and he says he'll get it together, but there's no ex

What Guys Said 1

• Not To Wed.

1. If you have to ask, then there is a problem.
    2. You have valid reasons. Incompatible goals (kids) and life values (work ethics).

I'm not necessarily saying you need to break up with this guy, that is a decision you have to make, but marrying at this juncture looks like a bad decision.

You could both work through the issues and THEN get married, OR you can save yourself time and start on a new guy (who might have his own problems). It is essentially the devil you now versus the devil you don't. If you think he is never going to change or reconciliation is impossible, then it is futile to try to 'change him'; obviously you'll have to move on if that happens.

You have a lot to think about.

What Girls Said 1

• Love him hard.
    Make it so he couldn't possibly want anyone else.
    Train him, groom him, but baby love him like an elephant. (song)
    If he doesn't return the love
    Skid marks forever.