Is it to soon for engagement?

me and my boyfriend have been dating for 3 years now, and he just purposed and I don't know what to say?

Pro's:
I get to marry the guy I love
I get to settle down

Con's:
I'm about to graduate high school
I'm 19

Should I say yes or is it too early?

• YES!!!
  • Too early.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• 3 years is a long time. I personally think you are too young but I know people who have gotten married to their high school sweet heart... but even those people waited a few years after high school to get married.

• If you can't spell too or use correct grammar and punctuation, it's too soon. Stay in school and learn some stuffs first :-P

• Too soon.

• I agree. you are too young, but they are also once in s life time things

• I would say get engaged for a couple years and then make your final decision. =)

What Girls Said 3

• Just because you get engaged doesn't mean that you have to get married right away. You can accept and still finish school and all that before you get married.

• Personally, im 17 atm and gonna be 18 im June. Im planning to get married in 2 years amd then do university. Im in a different situation than you are, my life is very difficult especially living with oppression. Therefore I just wanna get married and live freely with the guy I love.

But in your case, if I was you I would accept the engagement. though marriage can wait for 3 years or so. Unless you're in some family trouble etc.

• After three years, I'd say sure, but at the same time you are still young. Are you looking at this as an adventure of a life time to experience with the one you love, or are you really just looking at it as settling down. Just settling down while being young may leave you bored and regretful. I don't know, it's just something to think about. I don't really believe that being married is anything but a ritual. It's up to the couple to stay together.