Should I marry young?

Me and my girlfriend are considering marriage. We are both 19. Is it a good idea to marry at this age?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted no purely for the reason that at your age relationships can be pretty fickle, obviously this is rich coming from someone younger than you, but if you and this girl feel that you want to spend the rest of your lives together then why not?

What Girls Said 4

• This is not a yes or no question.

Many people marry young and it works well for them.
    Many people marry young and are divorced within 3 years.
    Many people marry older and it works well for them.
    Many people marry older and are divorced within 3 years.

I will say this. You are young. Both of you are going to continue to grow and change. IF you grow and change in the same way as each other then your marriage will work. Not saying it won't NEED work - it will.

If you grow in different directions it's not going to go well for your marriage.

I know people who have married even younger than you and they are very happy and have successful marriages.

If YOU feel you have what it takes as a couple to make a marriage work then there's nothing that says it's a bad idea.

• Sweetheart, do what your heart tells you. My grandparents were 16 and 19 when they married eachother, and they're still married and very happy together. Another couple the same age as they are (they were also married at the same age) just got divorced. If it feels right to get married, by all means, do it. If you two love eachother and you are ready to get married, do it. I'm married myself (we got married when I was 21 and he was 29), and I couldn't be happier.

• I'm 19, and engaged.
    Age isn't the issue. If you've been together a long time and know each other way, and you're financially and emotionally in a place to go through with it.
    Personally, it was a little earlier than I wanted. I still plan to finish a little more school first.
    But, do what you think. You know each other best.

Just have life together first.

• No, because as you get older and ex

• Experience more of life you will change- and you may no longer be compatible. However if you guys are really serious- which it sounds like you are, a promise ring would be an amazing idea.

What Guys Said 4

• My mother had her first kid at 23.
    She clearly wasn't mature enough.

• First get a degree and a stable job, get a own home , live together and save a year's wages. Then think about marrying and kiddies.

• Depends. How long have you known each other?

• the problem with marrying young is that if the person matures or changes, and the spouse does not then there will be trouble for the marriage.

• Marriage in general is a bad idea for men today. Doing it young is an even worse idea because neither of you really know who you are yet. There's a very high chance you will grow apart, she will divorce you and take the kids and you will be stuck paying alimony and child support for kids you rarely get to see. That's what happens to most men who marry today.