I'm not as witty/spontaneous as I would like to be...

I know that it's in me (I'm a little rebellious/"bad boy" on the inside), but for example, if I'm in a conversation with a girl I want to engage in banter and build her attraction towards me, I easily get lost, I don't always have a snappy comeback. That's the word, banter--I don't know how to banter well. I can do it, but never consistently.

I fear that if you were to meet me, you'd think I was a boring "nice guy", when I don't want to be seen that way at all : /

To be honest, I don't get out with people that much, and I know I need to work on my social life more. Besides that, what can I do to become more witty, spontaneous, playful, and "non-boring" in general?

What Girls Said 1

• From what you have write here your convo skills look like they are sound to me maybe it's just your confidence that needs a little boost.

• Well I guess confidence goes hand-in-hand with bantering ability...thanks : )

What Guys Said 1

• Honestly, the only way to get better with banter is to practice. You need to put yourself into situations where you can talk to people and just become more comfortable talking with them and move on from there.

• Thanks, this is a good answer. I'm kinda shy, but I understand the point about practice. In your experience, how long does it take to improve? And are there specific opportunities to banter/be conversationally playful that I should be on the lookout for?