Can I marry him?

We live in Ohio and we've grown up together, and I was wandering if we were allowed to get married?

One little problem...
Were first cousins...

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It's illegal in Ohio but legal in many other states. But Ohio will recognize your marriage in another state.

What Guys Said 5

• No, sorry. You can't marry first cousins legally in the US

• Wrong. Marriage is governed by state laws. In many states first cousins may marry.

• It's illegal in every state. Second cousin is a different story.

• I don't date cousins

• I do not think it is legal in Ohio... BUT... As long as you have different last names, you could lie on the marraige license application and go for it. No one would know.

• wow i forgot how close ohio was to west virginia

What Girls Said 2

• No, legally you cannot marry him.

• You should not marry anyone in your blood relative because there's a high chance for your future child to get autism.

• That's not how autism works and I can't help but feel insulted by this answer somehow

If that was how it worked, than almost every royal family in the history of the earth would be autistic, because that's what blue-bloods do

• Who told you that? Unless some genetic disease is prevalent in their family, there is no unusual risk of genetic disease in their offspring.