Why do people take marriage so seriously?

I can't think of marriage that serious as people make it out to be. I can't think of it more than a relationship, it's just that you wear ring and are legally bounded.

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically you promise to spend your entire life together with someone else, which is p serious. But then again people take the seriousness out of it by getting married on a whim, getting a divorce etc.

What Girls Said 2

• There is a lot of interesting theory and philosophy behind the concept of marriage. Also, part of what makes it so sacred is holding it as sacred. if I give you a precious jewel, that's one thing, but a rhinestone like the one I gave everyone else in class is t the same.

• because it's divine and eternal and totally won't end in a miserable divorce with a child support lawsuit

What Guys Said 3

• It's a lifetime commitment to your spouse, and a lifetime covenant to God. "Until death do you part" is not just a formality.

• I think of relationships as tests preparing for marriage, like dipping your foot in a pool to make sure it's not to cold to dive in.

• Because it is serious you never treat it otherwise