Women: If you were married, would you make dinner for your husband?

Women: If you were married, would you make dinner for your husband

• Yes
  • No
Refreshing the question

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. However, I'd expect him to cook for me too. And help out sometimes, as well.

What Girls Said 151

• Women: If you were married, would you make dinner for your husband?
    B. No

In my view he can cook for himself he's not a child.

• But it's nice to have someone to cook for you every once in a while

• @ElizG45
      In your opinion a guy has no reason to want a gal other than tugging at his penis, cooking for him, and driving for him. Different views as in my opinion intimacy, mutually enjoyable sex, companionship, and partnership are the reasons.

Egh no cooking for yourself and finding love elsewhere are not the same note in my book. Cooking is an action love is an emotion. Cooking is a singular activity done for one party. Love is a mutual expression done for both parties.

The expecting your partner to care for your in your book it seems is one sided as only one partner is doing the caring which is seemingly based on who earns more. In my book caring goes both ways and money plays no role in who gets cared for.

So it strongly seems like an entitlement mentality because in your opinion not cooking means the gal doesn't feel the need to care for the guy and you assume the guy is giving love.

• @ElizG45
      It seems you have a quite strong anti-female bias and pro-male bias to conclude the gal is entitled and an emotional parasite.

There is no mention of the guy doing anything... yet you label the gal entitled, selfish, parasitic, and using him for not cooking.

Why do you assume he is giving love for her to suck up? Did you assume he is showing his care in other ways? If so why didn't you assume the same for the gal? Or do you think cooking is the only way to show care?

Why didn't you conclude the guys feel no need to care for their woman, are selfish, and using her since only the gal doing the caring is mentioned?

Perhaps what you've seen is the wife stops caring for the husband more often than vice versa because you judge only how the gal shows care and assume the guy is giving care despite when there is no mention of him caring. Quite a male bias you seem to have. No wonder the gals appear to be uncaring when males are defaulted to care but only gals are judged.

• OF COURSE and breakfast, lunch, brunch, snacks like he doesn't need to ask. :) We both would cook though I ain't some servant now. Put your 2 cents in too :P

• What if there were circumstances that made him too tired. For example, what if he was a medical student and by the time he got home he was completely burnt out

• @BertMacklinFBI Yes brunch is great!

• If one person has a busier or more tiring schedule, it totally makes sense for the other one to do more of the cooking. But it's about what works best based on the couple and your schedules, not husband or wife. If my schedule is more demanding, he should be doing more of the cooking.

• We'd take turns.

• Yes AND no.
    When your in a relationship of any kind, it's a partnership. I fully expect there to be days I cook and days he cooks and days we both cook. And even better if you can cook together most days, to be honest. Says a lot if you're able to work well together in the kitchen without accidentally knifing your life partner/playing bumper people with various kitchen utensils in hand.
    If some I'm dating doesn't know how to cook, you better believe I'm going to teach them! And if they are stuck up and call it women's work? Butt. To. Curb.
    It's not the 1950s anymore.

• Lmao I can't cook. All all. Or bake. No desire to learn. But if I were the one home first after work then sure, maybe I'll try to make something. Or start something for him to finish when he got home.

But I won't be the first one home. So yeah, probably not.

• Yes I will be cooking regularly. I judge wives who don't cook for their husbands and kids

• @pr3ttybr0wn - dayyyum look at all the haters poppin out!

• Lol dang. I agree with this though, I was raised that way. My mom has always cooked dinner, there's never been a day in my fathers life that he's ever had to make food for himself. I don't see anything wrong with it honestly. But if the guy doesn't contribute to what a guy does around the household, like mowing, repairing, and keeping things in check around the place then everything is all fine with me. :)

• I messed the end up a little bit, definitely meant that the guy has to contribute his part.

• Yeah, and I do. He's actually better at cooking though.

• Would most women

• Would most women cook for their guy? Yeah, probably. I can't speak for them though.

• Sometimes. And I'd expect that he would make dinner for me sometimes. Personally, I think if you're in a relationship and living together, it makes sense that the person who is home first makes dinner, that way it is ready at a reasonable time (like, if one partner gets home at 4:00 but the other doesn't get home til 6:00, the first person should make dinner so they can eat at a reasonable time, like 6-6:30ish). But whoever does the cooking doesn't have to clean up after dinner, or both partners cook and clean up together. What works best for individual couples will depend on their mutual schedules and talents, etc.. but always, always they should strive to make equal contributions to the household and relationship.

• Now this is a practical and logical answer. Great opinion!

• Yes. But he'd have to cook for me too. Or we can cook together.

• I'm not married, but I live with my partner. I cook for him, he cooks for me. I enjoy cooking, so I tend to cook more, but if I don't feel like it, or on days when he's home, but I have to work, then he cooks.

• Yes, I would. I've never cooked before in my life but I take comfort in the fact that my mom didn't learn how to cook until she married my dad and she's an excellent cook and baker. My mom always had a home cooked meal made every night of the week, even when she was working and even now she makes a good meal every night. So, I plan on doing the same thing when/if I ever get married. I hope to be as good of a cook as she is.

• not as a rule, never
    I could never be a hosewife, just not me
    I would make him dinner if I felt like it, or if we agreed that I cook from Monday till Wednesday and he from thursay till Saturday or something
    all the chores for me would have to be shared
    I prefere working over housework, why would I for being a female have to do something I don't like? I prefer doing what I like, work I like
    Chores are obligations for me that partners should share
    But to me, not to sound sexist, but by logic, men should rather be the one to do more housework since I have a job and I'm giving birth to kids, he only also has a job. Now I would have to give birth, work and do housework and he would only have to work... doesn't sound fair
    However, that is what works for me, I have nothing against other females doing housework especially if that makes them happy cause it makes me utterly miserable

• I cook dinner for my boyfriend every day because I love him (we live together).

It's not a distribution of roles, though. My cooking is amazeballs, so I prefer to make dinner for us. He also finishes work later than I do, so he's very obviously gonna be hungry, so again, I love the man and of course want to make sure he's fed. :p

• Yes because I am both good at cooking and I enjoy it.

Both of us would have to contribute to household chores so I would rather cook and do a little bit of cleaning and have him do most of the cleaning.

Of course in the end it depends on what falls in place for each side. I think if one person isn't feeling well the other should pick up a bit more of their work.

• If I end up a house wife and he's working to support a family I would try to do it. If we're both working to support a family then chores and cooking shall be split. If I'm the only one working to support the family you better damn well believe I'm making him my house hubby if I were to be married. Although, I would cook weather he's a house hubby or not since I like making pastries and things like that. xD

• Yes I would

• Yes, of course. I love cooking...

• Do you think most women would

• I feel sorry for all of the people saying how they don't know how to cook or that they won't cook. I guess you'll be broke your entire adulthood from ordering take out everyday. Cooking has nothing to do with it being the 1950s and women in the kitchen BS, because that's where this argument seems to be heading as I see some of the pathetic answers from some of these sorry souls. Cooking is a life skill. So learn it, or else you'll die from obesity, because take out is not healthy.

To answer your question, yes, I'd cook dinner for my husband, as I'd expect him to cook dinner for me sometimes. We'd take turns. Marriage is a partnership.

• I did when I was married and a stay at home mom. I cooked dinner every night for him kids and their dad.

• sometimes sure. not all the time though, I plan to have a full time job as well so I'm not cooking all the time.

• ( engaged) We both cook for each other. Have equally busy schedules. Whichever is home earlier cooks or we make a bunch of stuff together on time off and freeze it:)

Though there are many healthy things you can eat that take like five minutes to prepare in case no one feels like cooking- so no big deal :-)

• Yeah. I'd do it, not because I feel like it's women's duty, but because I really like cooking and baking cakes/desserts. It makes me happy when someone I love enjoys something I made :)
    I wouldn't want him to take it for granted though and if he DEMANDS it, I'll stop doing it. I don't like the sexist side of this whole women-kitchen story. It's not written anywhere that we have to do it.

• lol looks like there is a sexist asshole male down voting anything short of
      'of course I will be my husband's personal chef/maid all the time and he never has to cook or contribute to household chores ever!'

• I really enjoy cooking feeding the people I love. But I don't grill and I don't really bake. I'll prep and I'll help out where I'm wanted but I really don't have patience for either.

• Of course I would, I wouldn't expect him to cook all the time. He's not my personal chef. Although I would want one of those if I could afford it.

• I don't see why not as long as he does the same. But I think it's better if we make it together. It can be a bonding/sharing/romantic experience.

• Why absolutely not? Hahaha I get the whole issue with stereotyping gender roles but there's no need to take it this far. I will cook, clean and nurture my kids because I want to and it's what comes from the inside. I'll treat my husband llike a prince as long as he treats me like his princess! ;) Nothing wring with doing things for your husband!

• Of course, I would.. Almost everyday. Once in a month I'd like him to take me to a nice restaurant lol

• It goes both ways... so if I am he is too... In all things. Cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry...
    =)

• YES! I'm a kitchen wiz when it comes to the kitchen. Giving him a full stomach is satisfying.. Along with "other" needs.. Muwahha

• Well growing up, my dad was always the cook in the house. He was never the stereotypical guy who requested his wife to cook for him. I can cook, because my dad taught me well, but I won't be having a husband who just sits down and expects a plate of food in front of him

• More from Girls
    121

What Guys Said 27

• id make my lady a sandwich.

• I just stopped by to say, if a beautiful woman cooked food for me often, I think I'd just die.

First, I'd marry her like as many times as possible, and then I'd just die.

• I hope so! I will cook for her too.

• My wife cooks for me almost everyday for 18 years. The only time she doesn't cook is I am cooking for her. I cook for her if she isn't feeling well or I am grilling out , she won't do the grilling at all

• Shared responsibility, with accomodations made for each others' work schedules. That's how I see it at least.

• I'm not a picky eater, by any means, but I prefer to do the cooking myself. My fiancé, although an amazing person in many ways, cannot cook... not well, at least. I do appreciate her effort though!

P. s. I am not trying to sound like a jerk... I truly do prefer to do the cooking though.

• I don't expect anyone to make me dinner but couples do nice things for each other and it has been shown that couples with well defined relationship goals do better then ones without those defined rolls. So if it's her roll to cook dinner then it's fine as we would be a team so there would be things I do as well.

All these people who are butthurt about doing nice things for their SO will forever be missing out.

• that would be a nightmare if that happened to me.

i'm used to make dinner alone... so if she did i would freak out!

• lol I would almost (if I knew you in person) come over to you place to cook just to see you freak out. by the way there would be a video camera recording you :P

• What joke about doing that? Or in a hypothetical situation doing that afterwards you begging me not to do it?

• @yeatts i mean if a girl cooked for me... i'd beg her not to do it again basically... i feel like an idiot if a girl does this to me tbh

• I hope, it's amazing when someone cooks for you.
    I know I will cook for her, I love cooking and doing it for my future wife will be amazing.
    Or we could just cook together, even better.

• I am a better cook than my wife. She cooked for me once in a while, but I cooked for her more than she did for me. Frankly I preferred it that way.

• I prefer not having such services. For some reason it comes up during fights.

• I would hope most would, so hot when a girl can cook!

• I'd have a problem with most women cooking for because I'd have to eat their meals. In my 38, I can honestly say that I have become something of a culinary arts guru. I know how to make meatloaf that you would not only eat but love.

She'd have to be a really good cook to impress this guy. I actually harvest prickly pear cactus and make my own jelly.

You aren't likely to outdo me on a grill either.

• I would sure hope she could cook sometimes. I love cooking myself so I would cook for her too.

• I'd rather her earn the money, while I cook, garden, and do house projects, to be honest.

There's a pretty good chance I'd be better than her at those things anyway.

• I voted A I will make dinner for myself

• Good news is i know how to cook

• Wow, seems I should check whether my girlfriend is a good cook or not.

• Ours says yes :)

• I don't know how to cook and I'm very clumsy.

• Lol at all the girls saying yes. They lyin they lyin. You know damn well they're not gonna cook us shit!

You're gonna walk in the door and your wife is gonna throw a half eaten bag of popcorn at your ass.

• I'm surprised many said yes. The ones that didn't (and ones that down vote others for saying yes) are probably people that bring nothing to the relationship at all. Girls have always been pretty lackluster in that department comparatively anyway.

• She fucking better! Honestly, she really fucking better..

• I cook for my wife too. She does most of the cooking because she truly loves to cook.

• No, they wouldn't. They think it's a badge of honor not to develop basic life skills because of the "patriarchy."

• Not really look at the results, most would.

It's more of an issue when people say oh she must cook because she is a female.

Women can choose what they want to do as long as they are contributing something to the household.

• Do you mean everyday , or just sometimes? I would imagine most women would be willing to do it part of the time. If a woman is 100% against ever cooking at any point in their marriage, then she shouldn't be married. That shows a complete lack of caring about your partner. Few women will see it as her job to cook for her man every day.

The exception is if she is a housewife. If she doesn't have a job outside of the house, then it becomes her job to take care of the family in the home. I think most women accept that when they decide to be housewives or stay at home moms.

If you ever do find a woman willing to cook for you everyday while still holding down a job, you need to put a ring on that girl fast. There aren't many women willing to put in that level of effort to take care of her man. The ones that are willing to, deserve to be pampered in other ways by her man.

• Oh I thought people married because they love each other, and not just because he wants his own private cook. My mistake -.-'

• Doing something to help your partner out, such as cooking once in a while, is something anyone in a loving relationship should be willing to do. If you have such a huge issue that you would NEVER cook for your partner, then this shows deeper issues. Marriage is a partnership, and not something were you never have to sacrifice for the other person. In fact I would say real love, is the very act of sacrificing for another person, and not that selfish kind of love Hollywood is always trying to tell us it is suppose to be.

• Don't mind her she is 17.

I would personally rather cook everyday then do most of the cleaning.

If I was married I would rather do all the cooking and some cleaning and have my theoretical husband do most of the cleaning.

With my bf and I now when I come over and cook something I get him to peel and chop vegetables and he does most of the cleaning that comes afterwards.

Mind you I don't come over and cook that often.

• I Cook For My Wife 7 Nights A Week!
    I Am Home From Work Before Her, I Plan Dinner To Be Ready As She Walks In The Door, She Worked Hard All Day, The Last Thing She Needs To Do Is Slave Over The Stove Or Oven After Walking In From A Long Day At Work.
    I Prefer She Change Into Something More Comfortable, Sit Down And Be Served A Nice Hot Meal.
    I Also Clean The House On Weekends, So She Can Relax!
    I Love My Wife And I Am Willing To Do All The Cooking And Cleaning.
    If She Wants To Lend A Helping Hand, Which She Does Do. But I Don't Expect It, And I Never Ask Her For Help!

• She got you whipped. learn your role and man up

• @Destinybee

wow men can cook too... That's like saying women can't go out and work to earn money.

Although I do agree she should contribute some more.

• @Destinybae

thought the a was an e and I was like hey what did I do that she blocked me?