Is being a surgeon the holiest of all professions?

If I were a woman, I think my primary ambition in life would be to marry a surgeon. I can think of no greater achievement in this life. Women, do you ever daydream about finding a marrying a surgeon?

• Being a surgeon is the holiest of all professions.
Note: I just read more about this. I have no idea how I could have been so wrong, though it probably has to do with my wanting to become a surgeon in the past. No, musicbrain5 is totally correct. In the USA, our healthcare industry is totally messed up. It costs hundreds of times more than it probably ought to.

And in the UK, there simply ought to be more surgeons who work less hours. Honestly, that's a lot of hours for 30k a year after taxes. I know Mexican construction workers...
in the United States who make that much money, since they don't pay taxes at all! That's really an abysmal figure. And in the USA, physicians make entirely way too much money. It's the opposite problem.

Well, I've changed my mind, ladies. :( And I apologize to musicbrain. Surgeons are still super hawt, but you shouldn't have to become a slave to the medical industry for the rest of your life or be a medical slave apparently, in the UK.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not. My dad is a surgeon. He works long hours, is on call for most of his time at home, and doesn't get paid enough for what he does simply because he doesn't have a private practice.

My mom is trained as a surgeon as well but she doesn't currently work as one. She's a regular specialist in the lab and she likes that better.

• Nurses do all the hard work anyways.

• See, this is why I hate sports. This was supposed to be like my manly obsession thing, and you know what? It's exactly like sports after all. Except with people's lives this time.

• I'm inquiring into nursing school right now.

What Girls Said 5

• I day dream about marrying a rich man.
    There is no way I would accept anything less than a chemical engineer with a masters degree.

Because that's what my dad is.

• Would you be interested in a drug manufacturer? I know one of those. He's sort of like a chemical engineer. He doesn't have a college degree or anything, but the dude's a logistical genius.

• @musicbrain5
      [Note: I am placing this comment here for my personal blog. I recognize that the moderators support the antagonistic censorship system they implemented on this website, which basically allows someone to say something rude, block the user who might respond, and pretend to be right about everything, basically what Republicans do whenever they filibuster good ideas.]

Well, I know that if your dad works in the UK, the government paid for all his education. He also makes an average of 75k/year (30k after taxes), and the government also paid for college for you and all 4 of your siblings and ironically all your medical expenses. But I do agree that America is awesome. Thanks for noticing.

• Technically you are Asian

• Err... not really. Why are your poll options both saying the same thing?

• hahahahahaha, no. Boyband members are the holiest of all professions! (: #FangirlHere

• I'm sorry, the only possible answers were A and B.

• I don't care. I'm not into surgeons! Except if they're also in boybands. Then A would be my option. I don't like B.

• Are you a surgeon?

• Some kids aspire to be in the NFL. I aspired to be a surgeon. I couldn't make it, unfortunately, but I greatly admire anyone who succeeded.

• Why do you equate female surgeons to men with vaginas?

• Apparently musicbrain's mom is the exception.

• yes. and when I was kid my ambition also wanna be a brain surgeon.

What Guys Said 7

• i guess some girls want him for his money basically :-/

anyway... i admire those people, because thye've sacrificed their personal lives basically

• As opposed to a priest or a monk? Or how about someone who teaches our young, or an EMT in an ambulance who is a first responder who keeps the patient alive so that your surgeon can get to them? Maybe the scientists who invented the drugs, and equipment that your surgeon uses to help save lives? Yes medical practitioners are important and yes surgeons have an important skilled job. But certainly not most holy.

• Clever retort, made even more so because you were the first responder in the male section. However, no. The bag boy doesn't win the prize on this one; it's clearly the master chef.

• Sorry auto correct, as for husband material, well my wife and I have been together off and on for 28 years, I'm going to claim expert by experience.

• Off and on? Well, at least you were on call.

• This just in, the average GaG IQ drops another 4 points.

• why is that?

• Still doesn't answer my question. Anyone can be a surgeon. Doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy.

• true but its a male dominated profession plus there is this stereotype that women like surgeons etc

• what brought you to that conclusion

• No being a surgeon is not a holy profession.

• Well, I'm in med school for a reason ;)

• So not only do you sit and admire surgeons for whatever reason, but you also fantasize about what you'd do or who you would marry if you were a woman?

Yep, seems normal lol