Would you marry someone who earns minimum wage?

If some one earned minimum wage would you marry them?
I think minimum wage is £8,40 per hour in the UK =$13.44 US

• yes ( probably lying)
  • NO ( at least an honest girl. lol)
  • yes if I have no other choice

Most Helpful Girl

• For the UK it's £6.50 per hour.

Yes I would. I mean I would be very hypocritical if I didn't. I mean one job I'm on min wage and the other I'm on apprentice min wage (£2.73 an hour).
    Thing is, money isn't everything and when you are on that low a wage with dedication you can move up easily. I'm not gonna be an apprentice forever and when I'm not I will probably earn more than min wage.

• £2.73 an hour) thats slavery basically, but its learning I guess

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 19

• Whut? The minimum wage has just gone up by 20p to £6.70 for a 21+ year old. They expect to get to £8 an hour minimum wage by 2020. I would marry someone on the minimum wage and no I'm not lying. If it's enough to sustain us and I'm truly in love, that's all that matters.

Your poll game is poor.

• No im a grown ass woman. we are too old for you to still be making minimum wage. I would have dated a guy making minimum wage when I was like 18 but now he should be doing better than that

• Minimum wage is way less than $13.44... try like $7.44 It differs from state to state tho

• Yes I would. He's got a job and that's better than just staying in your room/living room playing videogames.
    I would be working too so it won't be a problem. :)

• No, not unless I was earning minimum wage too. Fuck that "money doesn't matter bullshit" I want someone who is able to contribute financially to the relationship and provide for our future children. It would be different if we are teenagers/college kids... but full grown adults? He better keep moving.

• No, would prefer my man to have more ambition than minimum wage.
    I don't know any jobs where someone is doing what they love for the minimum an hour.

• That's not true, so many people I know are doing what they love for minimum wage. I know someone as well who falls into this category.

• Haha, I was just writing a long ass answer but then I see you write that. Unfortunately, I don't like that attitude. I feel like you were never going to accept what said if I did give you a direct example anyway. Oh well.

• @UnknownXYZ lol, then ignorance will continue to be my bliss.

• Yeah, money isn't that big of a factor
    And why I decide to marry someone

• Yes because money doesn't buy you happiness. As far as he is decent

• As long as they're doing what they love and worked to get there, hell yea. I'm not getting my Masters degree to have a man take care of me. I want to work and support myself.

• lol even if I loved him my dad would be like "lol no"

but then I'd probably run away.

Joke. I don't want to marry someone poor

• Depends how much I'd be making.

At least one of us has to be doing well financially.

• Honestly? Yes, I would.

You should only consider marriage if you're in love. If you refuse to marry someone because of the size of their wallet, you're not in love.

• yes i would. but why am i probably lying?
    don't be so categorical, not all women care about money.
    i couldn't care less about the money a man earns.

• Yes, if my boyfriend is making that I will because I'm marrying him not matter what

• No I'm sorry :(

• I wouldn't care, I make my own money.

• Monogamy is NOT natural, the end.

• you shouldn't pick the person you want to marry based in income that's retarded

• If I loved the person I would

• The minimum wage where I live is lower than $3, so no. They aren't ready to get married until they are financially independent of their parents.

What Guys Said 17

• Sure. If they were a good partner.

• I voted "A" and I'm not lying at all.

Who cares how much money someone makes? At least they're WORKING. It's better than people who purposely don't work at all. It's not their fault that minimum wage isn't a liveable wage. Even if you tell them to get a better job, it's not easy to most of the time. If you tell them to get a college degree, they might still be working a minimum wage job (if they couldn't find a job with the degree.)

Anyone who who wouldn't marry someone who makes minimum wage is superficial and is PROOF that many people (especially women) are gold-diggers.

• I do well enough... so it would not be a big issue. Some people are not afforded the same luxuries in life such as an education in a field that lands them a good paying job.

You can't fault them for that!

• Yes, because I make fairly good money.

• I dont think people are taking into consideration that some people have crap degrees and have no choice but to work at minimum wage. I personally dont understand why people pursue certain degrees because they are obviously terrible but if it's what you love then go for it. So depending on their situation why wouldn't you marry someone that is making minimum wage? If they are some high school drop out reject that doesn't care about any advancement then i can understand. But if they show determination to better their lives then maybe they are worth standing beside?

• so what? who cares about how much money your partner has basically

• Sorry, love doesn't pay the bills. Not fair I have to work and pay for most of the expenses.

• Sure why not

• Lol minimum wage is $7.25 here.

I might be okay with it if she's actually a hard worker and trying to do better, but I'd at least prefer that she makes somewhat more than that.

• Yeah sure. After I get done grad school, I'll probably be making enough money to support two people.

• Am I the only one who realizes how shallow it is to consider a partner's money to be this important?

• it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I don't make my dating choices based on the size of a girls purse

• more importantly why is she earning that much?

if its a good reason, i would date her... if its because she's lazy, doesn't care about education etc , no way

i plan on making good money and its not to baby sit but to invest for retirement.

• Euro is only 1.06 dollars as of today. Just saying

• its the pound sterling lol

• Pound still doing well then. How does that work were you have two separate currencies? Do you get the option of what currency you want to be paid in? Which currency is seen more commonly on a day to day basis?

• Aren't these blood sucking women wanting a minimum 6 figures now?

• yass bls !!

• Yes I would marry a woman that made minimum wage. The good news for poor women is that men don't tend to judge women based on how much they make. The bad news for rich women, men don't tend to judge women based on how much they make. lol That is why being a successful career woman doesn't effect a man's opinion of the woman much. So if that is her biggest selling point, then she doesn't have much to offer the guy. Most men simply don't value that trait in women.

The only way a man will care about a woman's money is if he is poor and needs the money. Most rich woman aren't going to want a poor man anyway. This is why rich women, and poor men are the least likely people to get married.