Americans born between 1990-2000, when do you want to marry?

At what age do you want to marry? Such as 28?
Is it affected by gender, race, education, or something other?
Please specify the age if you want.

• 21-25
  • 26-30
  • 31-35
  • 36+ or Never want to Marry
  • I am not an American born between 1990-2000
Guys and girls, give some more votes please. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Around when I'm 25, +-a year or two.
    I don't want to settle down till first and foremost I finish my degree and secure a 'proper' job. Once that's taken care of, I'd probably like to spend at least a year unmarried and without kids, living in my own place and enjoy a year of full independence with no huge obligations aside from my career.

• I find many Americans want to marry between 24-30, but they find they are financially unstable so they postpone the marriage. Are you in Canada? What do you Canadians think about their financial situations?

• OK, so in you opinion, when do most Canadians marry? Thanks:)

• probably between 25-30, when both individuals have generally become fully self-sufficient. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I should be where I want career wise and financially around late 20's to early 30's so during that period.

What Girls Said 30

• Preferably, when I'm like 24 or 25. When I was younger, I thought I'd be married by like 22 or 23. How wrong I was :/
    I almost got engaged to my ex bf, but he ended up being a cheater.

I think I'm probably not even gonna end up getting married to be honest. My future is crazy cat lady.

• 13 year old me wanted to be married at 21. 21 year old me is thinking 24/25 sounds better.

• I was born in 1989 so my vote wouldn't count but I am currently engaged. We are planning on getting married in a couple of years though so by that time i might be between age 28-30

• Eh around 24-28 would be good.

• When I find the right guy.

• When I'm good and old. I'm not afraid of the commitment but I want to make sure not to be a fool. Marriage is just a contract that isn't necessary, I think the only way I'd get married younger is if it was necessary, like if my grandma insisted on seeing me married before passing or something.

• Can Canadians answer lol? Cause I'd like to be married at 26. I'm 22 now.

• Fine, totally fine. Thanks for your answer!

• Well I think It will be time settle when I am around 25 or 26? I am 19 right now.

• you will be so lucky if you are right! lol

• damn I didn't know you responded. oh because mid 20s is a good time. you would still be priming and still young to do so many more things.

• Yeah but I want to have children in my late 20s. I want to be in a marriage for about 2-3 years before having a baby. Just to get the hang of things, you know? I am not moving in with a guy unless I am engaged and planning to get married soon. I want the first guy I move in with to be my last and my husband :)

• Definitely around 25 or 26. I'll wait a couple of years before I have kids so I can have me hubby all to me self and so that we both have everything planned financially.

• for me its gonna be when i will find the right guy,, but 26-30 sounds good tho

• I got married at 24 and my husband was a month away from turning 26.

• I would like to have my first kid by 28 at the latest. But I want 3-4 kids so starting earlier is better. So probably married by 23/24.

• Ideally when I'm 25/26, but honestly. I'll wait as long as I have to if thats what it takes for my true love. (I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic lol)

• I would like to be married in the within the next 10 years.

• I'd like to marry at twenty-five, but I'm not going count on that happening lol

• Do you think your plan is realistic?

• Thanks for sharing!

• No problem :>

• It said between 1990-2000 and I'm born in 2000 so I didn't vote. But anyway I want to get married straight out of high school.

• 26-30 yeah around there somewhere

• I dont wanna get married

• Probably when I am around 21-25 years old. I would probably get married about 25 years old.

• Like 30, but I voted for 31-35... and that's if I get married at all. I wanna focus on my career first.

• I want to get engaged when I am 24 and get married between 27.. kids around 29 :)

• I want to hey married from 18 to 24.

• I have no idea since I'll probably be in school for a while.

• in this internet age, we all knows the secrets. so marriage will only be selective for those who own something to continue to next generation so the rest of the people will just be trolls.

• I never want to

• It depends but I want to marry at 25-27

• Thanks for sharing! But do you think it is realistic in the USA? I heard many people postpone marriages for various reasons, such as financial and economic situation.

• At the age of 24 I will more then likely move out of the U. S so that marriage culture will be different and I'm not an adult or engaged so I can't really understand that, I would just get a cheap wedding or no wedding at all if its a money issue.

• Never marry. Well maybe

• Ideally, I'd like to get married at around 28-30. This is because for the career I'm planning I wouldn't be finished with school 'till I was around 26 and I feel like if want to wait around 2-3 years after we meet to get married. Being married sound wonderful so I'd like to do it as soon as I was able to (no reason to wait to find the one- especially if I'm already 28). Plus by this age I think that that would have been enough time for me to really know what I want and have gotten to really know myself. The reason why I would want to wait until after college would be that if want to have a secure job, pay off college, and be able to afford the wedding. And if it makes any difference I'm born and raised in the US.

• Plus I wouldn't want to wait long because I don't want to have kids when I'm old and I wnat to wait to have kids for a few years after getting married so I can enjoy my time with just me and my husband, because once you have a child your life changes forever.

• I do think it's somewhat realistic, but I know that as I get older it seems like the more realistic an older age is. The average age for women in the US is 27 anyways. But realistically I know that it may not happen until I'm 32 as well. 28 is just my absolute ideal.

• Yes, I also saw the number 27. But it did not tell the people included. I mean, that number may include the people in 50s, 60s, 70s and even older.

• I would like to get married about 25 or so, but I have to be financially stable before I do so

• I find many Americans have the similar plan, but many of them postpone the marriage for the same reason (financial reason).

• Ideally before 25, but I guess that's not gonna happen

• Why do you think that?

• well I'm 22 already and single and I've dated but never been in a real relationship, so still a virgin also... Overall, it's not looking good.

What Guys Said 20

• not an American but yet born in the 90s

and no i don't wanna marry... i've got so many things to do, and marriage would slow things down basically

• i can't wait get married with the woman of my dreams!
    i can't wait find a woman, worth sharing our lives together!
    that will be so awesome!!! i am still waiting though, i think its safe to assume i will get married at 26-30
    maybe later! you never know nowadays

• ideally around like 29-31. realistically that probably ain't gonna happen.

• Why do you think it is not gonna happen?

• its just a guess based on how my life is going right now. im more heavily invested in my hobby and investments for my future rather than looking for a girl to get to know well and possibly settle down with. I know im running out of time but right now im just enjoying life lol.

• Well I barely caught the tail end of the 90's (1998).
    I don't think I want to tie the knot with anybody while I'm in college or (hopefully) med school.
    So not during the next eight to ten years.
    Unless I end up doing something other than med school.
    So I guess that works out to when I'm from 24 to 26.

• after 30. I want to have my career in order first before I decide to settle down.

• Why would you want to get married...

• 26-30 preferably around 28 or 29
    I still have a lot to experience and I'm nowhere near ready, financially and mentally. I'm gonna take easy for a bit and get everything straighten out.

• 11 year old me wanted 25 years old since it's my favorite number and it seems like a mature age present me says when i'm 40 if I consider myself mature enough to raise a human being at that age then i will with the right woman if not then that's fine too I'll just not be responsible for overpopulation.

• 26-30 is a good age...

• Maybe A if I really trust her, but I'd prefer B.

• Yikes, I'm 26 and not married, also not economically stable as I intend. This thread feels like a hi5, in my face, with a baseball bat. I'll crawl into my cave now.

• I hope I'm married by 30 but i have no idea

• Do you think it is realistic to marry around 30 in the USA, based on some contemporary issues, such as economics?

• Yeah it seems realistic.

• I want to get married once I have a stable Job and my own home, whatever that age may be.

• never. marriage offers men literally nothing, except legal risk.

• I`m not an American not born in the 90`s
    when she says yes

• But whatever, when do you think it is good for marriage?

• And if a guy if financially more advanced, such as earning nearly $100,000/year, do you think he is more likely to marry earlier or later?
      I am a business major, if I can get that income, I will choose marry (relatively) earlier, preferably 28-30.

• earning $100,000 early in your career is extremely difficult
      if you are financially doing good then its just a case of finding the right girl nothing stopping you

• I don't know, probably mid twenties?

• My ideal age is around 28-30, and 25 is a little bit too early for me since I have to go to a graduate school.

• But having higher degrees gives you bigger potential to earn more money.

• Not in my case actually. I have my eyes set on working part time for my dad and as a musician. Every good musician I know that has done this has been successful.

• NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

• Look at all those 21-25. People marry way to fucking young, and then they wonder why their relationships fail.

-Get to know the person during the 20's

-If you feel things are right, get married in your late 20s to early 30s

Never get married young

• I want to marry when I am around 28-30, and I think I can be generally financially stable at that time.

• 4|1
    • No, it is impossible to me.

• I was born in 1989, but I'll answer anyway :)

I don't plan to ever get married. It's just not a priority or anything for me.