Do you think marriage is outdated? If so what do you think should replace it?

Do you think marriage is outdated? .. If so what do you think should replace it?

0|0
4|6

Most Helpful Guy

• No, Marriage is not outdated. We as a progressive society strive to modify the borders and definitions of the marriage contract by incorpoating new provisions to better our society.

For example the law of Matrimony protect women from being left destitute if a husband abandons her.
    Today those laws apply to both men and women to be financially responsible to each other if there's a separation or dissolution (divorce).

Now we are on the threshold of recognizing same sex marriages in the U. S. That's a sign of further expansion of the matrimonial commitment in our society.

So Marriage is constantly being UPDATED, not outdated. 😊

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It's outdated because people change too much. People are getting more readable. Periodical temporary contracts which could span to three months, and extend if you like that person. Increase every three months as you grow affection for her.

0|0
    0|1
    • WRONG! Lifetime responsibilities cannot be meted out in incremental segments. There are things that require a LIFETIME commitment. Raising children is not a part time job.
      When you get older you will realize that.

• Show All
    • Legal fees are hard to avoid when couples separate. Whether through divorce fees, alimony, child support payments, lawsuits regarding ownership of Grandmas jewelry, "who's car is it", they can't be avoided simply by sidestepping wedlock.

Sorry to sound like Debbie Downer, but at some point in our road of life we all step into that pile of sh** ! It happens! 😝

• Well I'm never gonna get married for life.

• I think it's a timeless tradition. It's for some people and not for others. I personally thing if a relationship is going good why mess it up with a title of "mrs". There are now commitment ceremonies that people can do

0|0
    0|0
    • All commitments, regardless of what pseudonym you wish to attach - marriage, wedlock, cohabitation, living together, etc., will require those participants to act responsibly. All relationships thrive on mutual cooperation and concessions to survive.

• No denying that. I just prefer to stay unmarried. We've been together for over 4 years and have a baby together. No marriage in sight.

• I don't think it's outdated but few couples are truly happy together after their "honeymoon phase"

0|0
    0|0
  • It's NOT outdated come on people why are we losing all morals and ethics.
    Why can't you just find one person and be happy with your life? Going from person to person and spreading diseases. Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean that it should be done.
    Let the down votes begin.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I think the entire thing should be simply replaced with a contract of monogamy. The only rules of said contract are to just stay together and to raise a child together (if they decide to have one). Basically a marriage with a prenup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every couple can fill it in the way it wants: prenuptial contract, open marriage, the lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes... it is... its like people stuck together for the rest of their lives unless they decide to split and spend a shit load of money on lawyers. divorce-a more expensive term for breakup.

it should be replaced by live in's.

0|0
    0|1
    • WRONG! Living together may work for a select few, but it would be a disaster for women in particular. Living together places no financial responsibility on either partner should the relationship dissolve.

You cannot live an irresponsible life. There are consequences for everything we do. For those who don't realize that now, they will see it later.

• i don't see a flaw in living together with your partner if you want... how does marrying someone makes the relationship secure and efficient.. it just builds up the anger that u kept inside for the sake of a relationship.

• Is it outdated? Yes. Common law relationships have to some extent supplanted them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I do not think so.

0|0
    0|0