How long does it take to know you want to marry that special girl or guy?

how many dates?
how many years together?
what makes you think I want to marry this person vs someone who is nice but temporary?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a man is smart, and wants to reduce the chances of divorce or a soul-destroying miserable marriage, he'll wait at least 4 years.
    Only about 20% of women are capable of loving the same man forever (like 20+ years), even if he's a better man than ever.
    50% of women will begin to resent and despise their partner at about the 4 year mark, and it doesn't matter how much she loved him in the beginning. It's purely a reaction to body chemicals, and neither she, nor he, will be able to change that. That's why 44% of marriages end in divorce, and the wife often can't find any logical reason but "I just fell out of love, and I don't know why".
    After 4 years, a man can eliminate the worst 50% of women if there is any sign of problems (like physical affection and sex have reduced to almost zero, and will never get better).
    He then has a 40% chance of staying happily married to a woman who will love him almost as much as he loves her.

What Guys Said 3

• "Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes whole life"

Means there's NO specific time! And about validation, if I feel like she's honest, faithful and trustworthy who just DAMN LOVES me then she's the one!

• My Dad (who is a Baptist pastor) sets it at one year, give or take a few months.

• I don't know that there is anything that could trick me into that.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly it took me 2 minutes after meeting him. And every minute after has just affirming that decision.

• I've only felt that way once in my life and it didn't take very long at all. Only a few months.

• I know that I'm very young but it can happen. I think that I have found that guy. I think the fact that I'm only 15 is the thing that makes me feel like he isn't the one but there is the possibility. I think that it depends on you and how the other person is. I believe that it may take a few seconds or minutes but it could also take a couple months or weeks.