How do I tell my family?

I have known this guy for 3 years now we are best friends. Last night he told me that he loved me. then he asked me to marry him. I thought it was a joke until he pulled out a ring. He said he wants to start a family with me as soon as possible. The only problem is that he is 22 and I just turned 18. I love him a lot but how do I tell my parents that I want to get married and move out of my father's house. I'm not done with school yet I have a whole years ago before I'm finished. but he said he will take care of me I wouldn't have to work all I need to do is go to school. plus he wants to get married this summer so I don't have much time to think about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to tell you from my own personally experience from getting engaged young: You need to at least finish your school before you even think about settling or starting a family. My relationship ended for a multitude of reason, but that doesn't necessarily mean that yours will. The only thing that I suggest is that you two slow down a little. Finish school and find yourself a job you love before you decide to do anything more. He may say that you never have to work, but it doesn't hurt to have something to fall back to if something were to happen to him or even your relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• marriage at 18 years ago hmm.. I don't think this would work out well. You're 18 years old it's too soon in my opinion.

I don't recommend you doing this.

What Girls Said 1

• He sounds really weird and irresponsible do I wouldn't