Is this too young to be engaged?

Is 15 & 16 to young to get engaged?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

"Immature" is not synonymous with "foolish" or something, it just means you haven't yet gotten close to your peak, your potential, your true, matured self. I'm nineteen, and I have changed tremendously from the time I was 15, in a multitude of ways. In fact, even over the last six months, I've felt myself change for the better a ton, which is really remarkable. The older I get, the more previous ages are put into perspective for me. Sure, I may have been mature for my age at 8, or 14, or 17, but I still had so much growing to do--mentally, spiritually, physically, emotionally. In a couple of years, I'm sure I'll stumble upon this and be like, "Oh, sweet nineteen. I thought I had it all figured out!" or something, but that's just how life goes, eh?

Anyway, marriage is an extremely important, mature decision--and coming to truly understand its weight and significants takes a lot of time, reflection, and experience, as well. Marriage, thankfully, is so much more than 20k dropped on a fairy tale perfect day, or a magic fix for your relationship, or more than a sign of loving someone, or more than having a regular sex partner, or having babies, and so forth. I'm sure you realize this all, but it takes a while to "get" it. Unfortunately, many people seem to rush into marriage without ever really getting it--and I don't want you all to be among them. :)

What Guys Said 6

• "I'm not ready, but we can have a meaningful relationship until I am"

...There's nothing wrong with saying No in a polite way. Also, there's no reason to stress about it, your not forced to marry him.

• Oh I know that. He wanted me to ask. We know it's to young but we wanted to know how many people would say no.

• =) Oh okay... well basically all of us say "Don't get married"

Asked someone that has been in a divorce, especially someone in your family - they will let you know the pros and cons to the situation... Or ask me, I'll give you my opinions.

• Yes it is too young.

• Yes.

• Well yes id say so because of the age. Sorry.

• if ur honestly in love...then no...if ur not...then yes...its just a question you gotta ask yourself..are you truly in love with him?

• god yes its too young. you're like a few years past puberty!

What Girls Said 3

• yes, it's too young. I can just about guarantee the marriage wouldn't last because it's two extremely immature people making a commitment that requires a lot of maturity.

• Unless you guys are planning on just staying engaged for 6 or 7 years. engagement doesn't really mean much of anything, it can easily be ended.

• Yeah & I totally agree with you. I know that we are to young we just thought that a lot of people would say no. I really don't wanna be engaged at this age cause like I would feel like I was tied down. & I may not love him later on in life. I am mature though. Sorry if I seemed childish.

• Happy Early Birthday Ivarei =)

• I think that is too young to get engaged. There will be so many more people that you will both meet as you enter college and the work force. You will change as you get older and so will your wants, needs, desires and goals. I think it's better to wait but this is simply my opinion.

• Yes. People that age seem to like the idea of saying that they're engaged, but those engagements are rarely ever real. That's too young to know how you want to spend the rest of your life. You can end up marrying someone who you've been with since high school, but getting engaged when you're that young is no guarantee that you'll actually get married.