My husband cheated on me and he is so mean to me. I want to cheat on him to get revenge so that I stop feeling resentment for forgiving. What to do?

I want him to feel the pain I felt and I want him to stop emotionally abusing me. I feel like sleeping with someone who looks way better than him will humble him and realize he should be glad I forgave him. I know this sounds crazy but what would you do?
AND I HAVE TRIED EXPRESSING MY FEELINGS MULTIPLE TIMES BUT HE JUST GETS UPSET.

• Make it burn (literally)
  • Hang in there and not cheat
After hearing all the opinions. I'm not going to cheat. He will only feel justified to cheat again. I will take a lot of consideration and thought to divorce but no cheating. I want to keep to my morals. Had a weak moment. Thanks everyone!

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating on him may make you feel great for a day tops but then it'll just remind you of the pain he inflicted on you. Its tempting but the best revenge would be to have the courage to leave him if you haven't already, create a new life- its not easy to say I know but what your going to do now whilst your hurting will affect you a lot in the future if you think with maturity now it'll be better for you. Believe me, time heals everything-he will seriously only get mad when you move on and act like what he did has not affected you in any way. Hang on in there.

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on you, whether you feel you can forgive him. If you feel that you can eventually trust him again and want to continue with him, then please don't cheat on him. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. It will only serve to make matters worse, and in the long run, it probably won't make you feel any better.
    If you really don't feel you could ever forgive him truly then divorce may be the only option. Hard and painful it will be.
    Further thought: if you cheat on him, where will it end? Tit-for-tat cheating? Most probably. I know you are really hurting, and hurting bad, but please think carefully about the future before you do anything hasty that you might later regret. Stay safe and take good care.

• Thanks. This is one of the best answers too. He would probably just cheat again if I cheat only he won't feel bad about it. I'll give it much thought but it's either work it out or divorce :/

• I hope it works out for you. Cheating and physical abuse are two of the worst things I can imagine. I will always be here if you need to talk further. If it gets a bit personal, feel free to PM me. I'm always here.

• Instead of cheating on him, just divorce him and get rid of him from your life.

• To be honest, I'm afraid to divorce him. I don't make a lot of money and I don't know if I can move on.

• Just get a job, find your feet and THEN divorce him when you're more confident of supporting yourself.

• Putting yourself as low as him is not a good way of getting a revenge... That just makes you weak... If you have the guts and really want to have revenge... Just divorce his cheating ass... and forget this guy and drop him one it's hot...
    When he will see that you have moved on with your life... he will be jealous and Will feel bad about himself...
    So don't cheat

• Voted option B because for some silly reason the GAG side voting box to the side of other questions doesn't allow me to link directly to this question except by voting.

Really, I don't think you should do either. You obviously can't just stand by and let him abuse you emotionally, but if you cheat, the feeling of satisfaction won't last. Ultimately, you will have cheated too, out of a feeling that it was okay in your circumstances. He himself likely cheated out of some kind of weakness, be it a fleeting feeling of power or love. Maybe he has low self-esteem. It will be better for you to "be the better man," so to speak, in this situation. Maybe that means separating from him. But cheating on him will just make him feel like he was right all along to cheat on you. And if he's giving you a hard time now, he'll give you a hard time about that, too.

• Divorce. If you don't want to divorce then... im against it but... cheat.
    karma is a bitch. like they say "revenge is a dish best served cold"
    make it burn baby!

• Just walk away, that's the sensible thing to do

• I don't think you will feel better if you cheat. You will know you are a cheater for the rest of your life and equally as fault as him at that point. My wife cheated and I would have lost a lot of respect for myself if I had tried to get revenge by cheating.

If money is the only reason you won't divorce him then talk to a divorce lawyer and see what kind of pay out you could expect if you divorce.

What Girls Said 5

• Just divorce him and find someone you deserve. Generally I don't like saying this because I hate seeing good men screwed over, but your husband isn't a good man. So since you're a woman, you can more than likely screw him over through the divorce. He's already cheated on you so you can hit him where it hurts. Things should be in your favour.

• Hang in there as in start seeking a lawyer and file for divorce. There is no reason to lower yourself to him. If you cheat back (as tempting as it can be), you'll be another cheater with low morals.

• Honestly there no point how is cheating going to fix anything? do you love him is that why your staying with him? is there a good reason why you don't want to get a divorce?

• Why not... divorce?

• Divorce. Do not enter this vicious cycle.