Is it bad to be thinking about marriage already!?

Okay First off me and my boyfriend have only known each other since the beginning of school and I have only been going out with him for almost 4 months. We have talked about marriage numerous times. We are meant to be and I know that sounds stupid but I don't know I just feel so close to him. Is that bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• Give it time and ask your parents and/or older siblings about him. If you guys are good for each other, he should respect you physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

As far as marriage goes, does he have a job that he can support you with? Would being married to him halt any plans for you to finish school, go to college, etc.?

In my experience (i'm 24), I've seen very very few relationships like yours make it. I'm not saying that yours won't, I'm just saying it's long odds. You're going to change a lot in the next few years - they'll be some of the most formative of your life. So take your time, make sure that you have good memories instead of regrets, and make sure this guy puts a ring on your finger and is solidly committed before you do anything with him. It's a great way to avoid getting hurt and having emotional scars that you'll definitely have to deal with someday when you do get married.

Another couple of good questions:

- do you want your sons to grow up to be just like him?

- do you want your daughters to learn about masculinity and men from him?

- do you want him to lead you through the tough stuff in marriage as well as the fun parts? (by this I mean financial hardships, potential miscarriages, body changes, menopause, death of friends, parents, and eventually each other)

- are you truly considering that marriage is life-long, which brings with it huge implications for character development, trust, and responsibility?

Like I said, take your time and weigh these issues. Emotions are fleeting and do change - don't make a lifelong commitment based on such a short relationship. Make sure his character is pristine and that he will stick with you through the very hard times as well as the great times.

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing wrong with your feelings. But have a look at it this way. If you are meant to be now, then you will still be meant to be in 5 or 10 years time. You have a lot to accomplish before you get married, get that stuff done first.

• Not if your your also working on your careers and concentrating on schoolwork. If your putting your premature relationship to the forefront of your decisions, then yes you are making some bad decisions.

Enjoy your time together and grow closer. There is no need to be rushing and thinking about marriage so soon.

What Girls Said 4

• Well everyone couple that I know at a younger age talk about that and I think they are to young to be thinking about all that some have no choice because the girls is preggers but its not bad talking about it and all that just realize that your young you think your in love but you still have more choices in guys in the future you so yeah think about it and all that just keep your options open for other guys good luck

• Well my sister and her now husband started dating when they were 15. At 16 they already had there kids names picked out and wanted to be together forever. And 10 years later they are married and have 2 kids and are expecting another. They didn't get married as soon as they could but because they love each other so much a ring really wouldn't change much but my sisters name.

• Nothing is wrong with that. I been going out with my fiance for 6 months. and we are already engeged. getting married soon... by the way am only 18 and his 23 .

:)

• It isn't bad to be thinking about marriage at all. But a lot of people do get very serious with their boyfriends/girlfriends when they are young and they do eventually grow out of the relationship. I am not saying that will happen to you two, but if you are really meant to be, you should wait longer. Its best not to get married until you are closer to 20 if not later. Enjoy being a couple, and if you are going to get married eventually, what's the rush right now anyway?