I want kids but my husband isn't ready?

Hello!

So as the title states, my husband (25) and myself (almost 24) are having issues in deciding when to have kids. It wasn't really on my mind until after he suggested us just to do it in September because he'll never be ready. I stopped taking my birth control shot (Depo Provera) in October to prepare for this and now he doesn't want to at all! I've been baby crazy since getting off the shot. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• You will have to respect his wishes and work through this, if it's become very difficult maybe you guys should go see a counselor who could help you guys sort this out. What ever you do, DO NOT get pregnant anyway!! I know way to many couples this has happened to and it damn near always ruins the relationship which is bad for you and HORRIBLE for the child.

• I couldn't live with myself if I did something like that. He has to be on board too.

Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• No offence, but I think you both are just a tad young yet. I am sure he is just scared and worried for obvious reasons. I personally think 26-27 would be a better time to start a family. At your age you are both still getting established in life, new at careers and building a financial foundation. Maybe if that was a little more secure he would be more open to having kids.

• There's still almost 50% chance that you'll divorce him within the next 5 or 10 years. You won't need a reason for that, because most women don't and it makes no difference how much you love him now.

Why bring kids into the picture so soon?
    Divorce gets messier, when kids are involved.

What Girls Said 1

• you fucking 23 nuff said.

• wait till you are at least 28 you are still young dont waste your youth raising kids live your life then settle down