Can someone who is married still be the one for you?

I connect and vibe so well with a friend that has been married for 7 years. No, we are not in a relationship, we are not having an affair. We are just friends, nothing sexual or romantic has ever happened between us.
He likes my personality above eve

I am not acting on my feelings about it, yet am sometimes wishing that he was single. I feel like maybe I should have been the one he was supposed to be with. I don't know. I am not terribly in love with the man, but I do often wonder what it would be like to have a relationship with him. Again, I'm not acting on my feelings. I am kind of sad about the fact that he's married though.

What do you think? Have you ever felt this way?

I am not planning on being a home wrecker, but I am wondering if you think that if two people are meant for each other that they will eventually end up with each other? As in, he becomes single again in time

Most Helpful Girl

• The idea of "the one" is a myth. There are probably a lot of people out there that you would be compatible with and mutually attracted to.

It might be true that the two of you could have made a good couple, but that doesn't mean that he was "supposed to be with you".

What Guys Said 3

• Sure people marry the wrong partners all the time, about 50% actually.

• hmmmm better avoid him if he's married bsically!

• Nope, you are probably just having endorphins released to make it feel that way. You could probable find about 70k people just like him in thoughts, ideas, and personality.

What Girls Said 5

• Nope, never been in this situation and if I was, I would back away from him and not encourage my silent feelings to grow. Not cool.

• Yes, sometimes we meet people we are attracted to and feel a connection with but its best to avoid these people they're not available.
    You will only end up getting hurt or hurting someone else.

• No he's married. He had someone move on. If it was meant to be you'd be his wife or he'd be single. Don't be a home wrecker

• I think you can make a move on him as long as you don't mind being a homewrecker.

• No. There are so many people out there. You really don't think one of them could be the one?

• It's just because I connect with him so well, and haven't ever connected with a guy so well. I feel like we are made for each other