Can someone who is married still be the one for you?

I connect and vibe so well with a friend that has been married for 7 years. No, we are not in a relationship, we are not having an affair. We are just friends, nothing sexual or romantic has ever happened between us.
He likes my personality above eve

I am not acting on my feelings about it, yet am sometimes wishing that he was single. I feel like maybe I should have been the one he was supposed to be with. I don't know. I am not terribly in love with the man, but I do often wonder what it would be like to have a relationship with him. Again, I'm not acting on my feelings. I am kind of sad about the fact that he's married though.

What do you think? Have you ever felt this way?

Updates:
I am not planning on being a home wrecker, but I am wondering if you think that if two people are meant for each other that they will eventually end up with each other? As in, he becomes single again in time

0|0
6|3

Most Helpful Girl

• The idea of "the one" is a myth. There are probably a lot of people out there that you would be compatible with and mutually attracted to.

It might be true that the two of you could have made a good couple, but that doesn't mean that he was "supposed to be with you".

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Sure people marry the wrong partners all the time, about 50% actually.

0|0
    0|0
  • hmmmm better avoid him if he's married bsically!

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, you are probably just having endorphins released to make it feel that way. You could probable find about 70k people just like him in thoughts, ideas, and personality.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Nope, never been in this situation and if I was, I would back away from him and not encourage my silent feelings to grow. Not cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, sometimes we meet people we are attracted to and feel a connection with but its best to avoid these people they're not available.
    You will only end up getting hurt or hurting someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • No he's married. He had someone move on. If it was meant to be you'd be his wife or he'd be single. Don't be a home wrecker

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you can make a move on him as long as you don't mind being a homewrecker.

0|0
    1|0
  • No. There are so many people out there. You really don't think one of them could be the one?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's just because I connect with him so well, and haven't ever connected with a guy so well. I feel like we are made for each other