Why did it take so long for my wife to tell me she was pregnant?

It took her 3 weeks to tell me, is that normal? I'm not up to date on female stuff

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds normal to me. From what I hear miscarriages are the most common in the first trimester and especially common in the first month - many women actually get pregnant and miscarry before ever even really knowing they're pregnant.

She probably wanted to wait to be sure before getting you all excited. Pregnancy tests have false negatives all the time. So she probably wanted to be sure.

What Girls Said 6

• Do you mean that she waited until 3 weeks after she had a positive pregnancy test to tell you?

Were the two of you trying for a baby, or is it an unintended pregnancy?

• Some people don't find out right away.

Some people miss their periods and that's when they find out.

• Maybe she wanted to make sure she was really pregnant. Because imagine if she told you she was pregnant, got you happy and excited, then a few days later said, "Oh! False alarm, babe." Some people, not just with pregnancies but in general, want to make sure about things before they announce it 'cause that can be embarrassing/awkward if they announce they're moving then it never happens or something.

• you do realize most people don't find out for a month or two right?

• there was a woman who telling us that she was pregnant with her brother in law, and some other black ex boy friend.

• Yes it completely normal, maybe she thought you weren't ready, It happens a lot with us women that it became normal...