What are your thoughts on gay marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really agree with the gay lifestyle because it's against my religion but gays should be allowed to marry in the U. S. because everyone it's hypocritical to say all men are created equal and not treat gays with the same respect and give them the same rights as straight people.

What Guys Said 19

• It is mainly religious people that oppose it and extreme homophobes. Nobody else really cares what they do among themselves.

• It doesn't apply to me, so I have no claim to an opinion on the matter. People can do whatever makes them happy, who am I to put my opinions in front of others lives?

• I think it should be legally allowed but if a particular church doesn't agree with it because its against their religious views then that church should be allowed to reserve the right to refuse to marry gay couples.

• Im all for it, what right does anyone have of stopping two consenting adults who live each other from getting married. It predates Chrstianity anyway plus people of other religions and athiests can get married so really why bring God into it when people are getting married who don't even believe in him.

• It should be legally allowed.

• Ugly, degenerate and unnatural.

• I fully support it.

• My opinion is best summed up by what I heard from a comedian- Why should I be against gay marriage? Dont gays have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us?

• i think homosexuality is wrong and on top of that, the definition of marriage and intended design is for a man and a woman.

its wrong at many levels.

• So long as they don't frighten the horses.

• Can't believe that there are actual people opposed to it in 2015

• Let marriage be handled by the religious communities. Just have governments do civil unions

• Not for me

• I don't encourage it but I support it if any people doing it

• Should be legal and there should be no question about it. Nout wrong with gays

• It will destroy society, corrupt our moral values, make all our children turn Gay, and people will eventually be allowed to marry their dog... just kidding lol I think its fine.

Slippery slope fanatics always try to scare everyone on this issue.

• It would be politically incorrect to say I don't believe in them, right?

• Disgusting and repulsive.

• It isn't a marriage at all. Just some judges allow it but it isn't a marriage.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm for equality, and of course I think gays should have all the benefits hetero couples have. They should be able to enjoy a lovely wedding, a honeymoon, tax deductions (depending on where they live), benefits packages (depending on where they work), any approved loans where incomes are seen as joint, and many other things that edge out the fact that they have to identify themselves as "roommates" to the eyes of the government and their employers when they are really living as couples.

Just an observation: Up to my time of posting my reply, all of those who are against it are posting Anonymously, even those who tote the religious reasons. If you're so proud of yourselves to be against it, and if those who are religious feel they are doing nothing wrong in the name of their god, I find it interesting that you choose to hide.

• I'm a Christian but I'm not against it what so ever. No, I'm not lesbian, but I'm not going to go around telling people who they're allowed to like. If you like someone that's the same gender that's totally ok. I think it should be allowed tbh. If we're allowed to choose our religion shouldn't we be allowed to choose our preferred gender?

• your not a christian

• Wow, you're 14 and you just gave the most mature, best answer on the subject I've yet to see!! :)

• @Ozanne thanks that means a lot!

• I think its beautiful and I fully support it! Any marriage is beautiful! People should be with someone they love, no matter if they're gay, straight, bi, trans, whatever! Love is a beautify thing no matter who its with, so to each his own.

• I honestly believe that gay marriage is a human right. How can I judge two people if they are happy with their choice?

thoughtsofaberrystudent.blogspot.com/.../...n.html

• I'm all for it.

• I think love is love, no matter who is involved in the marriage. Humans should have the right to love and marry whoever they want. The fact that there are restrictions on love is ridiculous to me.

• Go ahead and legalize it but I don't think priests should be forced to marry them

• All for it.