Girls, Move in before marriage? Yes or no?

Girls, Move in before marriage? Yes or no

• Yes
    84% (32)
  • No
    16% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Refreshing the question

14

Most Helpful Girl

• NOPE
    Here's why..
    there are actually studies that show premarital move in strains the relationship and if sed coupe got married they have higher chance of divorce.
    Of course people are working to do studies that contradict it

My whole take on this from experience of friends..
    Pretty much people do everything married couples do, move in, sex, trips, luxury gifts, together 24/7 without the paper commitment or rings

This ends one of two ways.. The girl gets stuck in a 5-7 year relationship wondering why the hell he hasn't proposed but I mean why would he? He has all the benefits of marriage without the commitment
    Or
    They actually make it to the marriage stage but there's no transition because they've done everything which is fine at first but a few years down the line they just get bored with the marriage

Staying a few nights is fine
    They can have a key "if we're serious "and surprise me whenever they like ;)
    But anything more.. NAW
    the whole you need to move in before your marry reason speech is garbage to me...

What Girls Said 13

• Yes. I don't want to commit to spending the rest of my life with someone if I don't even know if we can handle living together.

• Yeah, you have no idea how the other person lives until you live with them. So if you want to live with them the rest of your life, it makes sense to move in together and get to know each other and how the other person lives and if you can live their lifestyle.

• Yes. I moved in with my boyfriend of 5 years in October. We moved in together while I was going to school. I thought I was going to marry him. But after living with him I realized I didn't want that for the rest of my life, so I broke up with him. If we didn't move in together, I would have probably ended up marrying him and being miserable for the rest of my life or would have got a divorce.

• nope. but i wouldn't be against staying over a few nights at his place or whatever.

• I would never even consider marrying someone if I haven't already lived with them...

• It should be up to the couple of course. But my boyfriend and I intend to move in before we're married.

• Yes, that's the only way to find out if I could live with the person for the duration of the marriage. But statically speaking, cohabitation before marriage is more likely to divorce.

• I wouldn't really

• its the best test, that's when the fur starts flying !

• I'd rather not.

• Yes, so you can see what they are like to live with before you fully commit :p

• Yes. Here's why.
    You want to know what it is like to live with soneone before you marry them. You font know what they are truly like until you've stayed with them and seen them at their worst.

• Sure why not