How long into a relationship do you expect your man to put a ring on your finger? Guys how long into a relationship would you marry your lady?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on age. Older you are the quicker it is unless you're actually beyond childbearing age.

• Why does the age matter? There are some very immature adults out there too you know

• Are you still currently married?

What Guys Said 6

• 4 years seems a sensible time. It doesn't matter how much you love each other before that, it can change at the drop of a hat.
    50% of relationships turn to shit within about 4 years. Others take a little longer.

If there is no sign of problems at 4 years, and still no sign up to the time of marriage, you've approximately doubled your chance of success.

You'd then have about 40% chance of a long and happy marriage, for the next 20 years or so.

• She put a ring on it after 3 years, although we got engaged a year before.

• not into marriage in generally... so maybe 80 years or so?

• I would go for a minimum of 1 year

• A few years I think I needed to see if the relationship stands the test of time...

• I take it you're from America.

We don't care about marriage as much in the UK, I was with a girl for 6 years and we barely discussed it.

What Girls Said 4

• Hmmm I don't know actually! Never really thought of it!
    I'm one of those people who doesn't want to get married for a looooong ass time, plans on having a long engagement, and living with my fiancé for at least a year before deciding if I could live with him for the rest of my life. So I wouldn't care if I went five years without getting a ring lol If I got one too soon, I'd actually be freaked out and turned off of the relationship like there's pressure to hurry up and embrace wifely duties :/ NOOOOO!!!

• Wifely duties feel like a huge chore to me at this point in my life and probably will for a long time.

• I honestly felt the same way but my mom and father is really passionate about their kids getting married. Their not psycho lol they don't want a guy to just up and marry their daughters so soon but eventually they want to see it happen. But I already have wifey duties since me and my guy live together and he also has a daughter so I have to be on my best behavior even when I want to fuck him right in the kitchen lol, there's cooking, there's laundry, there's cleaning, making sure his okay, rubbing his back when his down and taking care of other important things that goes on in his business. I don't see the difference to being married and his mother which is German is really big on marriages too

• I'd say at least a couple of years, but I wouldn't mind dating more. After 4 years I'd be like: "Well... where's my ring?" Lmao :D kidding
    It would be also important that everything else is already set in my life. I wouldn't wanna get married and depend on my husband or family.

• Yes that's a big plus for me, Imy man is set in his life but I think I'll be set in 2 more years after school lol. And I am in the process of getting my business started so im set I would say.

• To just be engaged I would say 4 years. To get married any time after that.

• Well if i am totally done with school and we've been dating for three years (or more) then yea i will need that ring. Being married is beautiful thing but its not easy so i have to feel somewhat ready to be wife.