Why should/would a man want to get married?

If you ask me it's pretty obvious that marriage is/was designed for women. I've always wondered why in the heck would any man WILLINGLY GET MARRIED?

Since now legally and figuratively speaking you've just put your balls in her POCKET. What she says goes AND if you don't go like it "DIVORCE" and we all know that's going to play 97% of the time -_-. Now some of you're going to say "frequent sex Mist" but it's no secret that women will try to play iffy on sex. When they don't like how this or that is going in the marriage just to make the man SUFFER. NOW WHAT?

You're either force to cheat, play with yourself, deal with it LOL or ya know try to make her happy just to get yalls sex life back. But hold on isn't that funny though, ya know how ya got a WIFE, but ya ain't getting "none" WTF IS POINT THEN? LOLOL

Now I'm not saying NOR trying to portray that women are sex objects ^_^. Now a while back @WhiteSteve said something that had me like "WOW!!! EXACTLY" I think it went something like this. How can ___ ask for YOU to be COMMITTED to them and only them YET can't take a couple of mins out of their day for sex, since both of you guys are getting some form of pleasure from it?

I'm going to end it at this "What can a man get from MARRIAGE that he couldn't get from cohabitating with a woman"?

forced*
play out*
try to play iffy on the sex*
Bump...

Most Helpful Guy

• He should get married if he wants to become divorced or separated from his partner. There's a 52% chance of that, with about 44% chance of divorce.

He should get married if he wants a life without sex. 50% of wives will have almost completely turned off the sex by 4 years into a marriage. Some just take a little longer, but most of the remaining 50% will still do the same. It doesn't matter if he's a better man than ever, There's nothing he or she can do about it.
    Here's why : www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

He shouldn't get married if he wants a partner who will still be affectionate in 20 years time. There's only about 20% chance of that.

For the most part, it goes like this:
    * Men love women
    * Women love children.
    * Children love guinea pigs.
    * The guinea pig wins. No-one loves the man, and he just pays for the whole deal.

What Girls Said 8

• If you marry a righteous woman you don't have to deal with that. Good woman are hard to find but not impossible to find if you are a good man or become a good man. The problem is that men seem more attracted to woman who treat them poorly then woman who treat them well because they don't respect the woman who treat them well - they perceive these girls to be easy or boring or dorky or unattractive or lacking in confidence and assertiveness. Also many men get married because they love their wives and want to offer a deeper level of commitment and devotion to them. I myself would never tolerate an unrighteous man.

• I agree with everything you said about GUYS doing the good girls bad. ya know the so called lames who'll SIT IN THE HOUSE on a Saturday night INSTEAD of being out partying like most of her friends. Me on the other I LOVE THOSE TYPES of women, if I was ever going to get married it would be to a woman like that ^_^

I like clingy/jealous especially if and when they treat me good (#^ ^#) #Random

• do you see marriage as a contract for sex? if so, please DON'T get married. in fact, who is even asking you to get married? i NEVER see people insisting that others get married. you do you. everyone would be so much happier if they practiced their own personal philosophies without involving other people in their shit.

• Because when you've officially become someone else's it brings a whole new purpose and depth to the relationship. Quite honestly it sometimes is the only thing that keeps you together through the hard times.
    Sure divorce happens but I think it's better to go into it hoping for the best.
    My marriage is far from perfect but I don't regret making the commitment and the effort.

• Marriage.. It means you love someone so much that you're sure you want to spend all your life with her. That you want to bond together, become one, and have God's blessing.

• Actually, men benefit from marriage substantially. Married men earn more money and live longer. They have sex more often, they are less stressed than single men. Married men can even have these benefits from mediocre marriages, while for women, the benefits of marriage are more strongly linked to the quality of her marriage. There was a study conducted on more than 2,000 divorced couples and found that women had to make a greater adjustment to marriage than men did. Not that men didn't have to make an adjustment at all. Women had to make the biggest lifestyle adjustments than men, even if she is a stay-at-home wife, it was an adjustment because if she had been working before marriage, most likely she was not used to the change. Career women suddenly had to change from career/housewife duties. Married men actually reported being happier than men who were single. I'm not gonna reference where I got this info because this isn't a college paper lol, I studied heavily in psychology while in college and Huffingtonpost. com became my go to sites for stats.

From what I experienced, I can say you're dead wrong about it ONLY being a benefit for women. My mother has a higher earning potential than my father. My father is very intelligent but my mom outearns him and brings home most of the bacon. Many people assume that women only marry well-off men, but that is also false. Right now they both own a home, I'm sorry but my dads income alone would have gotten him a 2-bedroom apartment in a relatively ok neighborhood, technically HE benefited greatly from marrying my mother because she makes a good living and still does her home duties as a wife. It's not too hard to see that my dad is doing better than his single friends. Now, in my family it is common for the women to earn more tha the men, so I see it as the men benefiting and tbh, I have no problem with that because these are good family men with morals. They aren't walking around hating women becuase they married good women.

• That is why I'd only get married if my WIFE made more money than me now (#^ ^#). I wanna be a big ass GERBER BABY HAHAHAH #Icanteventyperightnow

I liked your response a lot and it was insightful also.

• Thanks sweetie😘. I'm just putting it out there that it isn't THAT bad lol. This girl isn't marrying a guy because he makes a lot of money, I'll marry someone who I respect, love and want to devote myself to. I can make my own money. I'm enrolling in grad school this summer. "Ain't no thang" :-) The only thing he'd hate is my Saturday cleaning ritual.

• This Might be Mho in the end... ain't no telling ^_&

• Marriage is only good if people marry for the right reasons but not the wrong reasons because of

1. "Oh I need to get married before 30"
    2. "My religion says I must"
    3. "My parents says we must"
    4. Being too passive and following what others say and what they want themselves personally
    5. People mocking you for not getting married.

• " or ya know try to make her happy just to get yalls sex life back."

You should both be happy and wanting sex. If you don't then your marriage ain't working and that probably both of your fault.

• YAY!!! fairest answer I'm going to get WATCH/mark my words on this question LOL

• The problem with marriage is people seem to take each other for granted. Women to do whatever their role happens to be, often childcare and housework, and men for working and chores. We all get stuck in routine but it's making sure that person still feels loved and wanted and appreciated. It's hard but worth it but both parties have to play ball.

• Can't argue with you there since that's hwat most of them complain about it quite often on forums/tv shows etc.

• Legal benefits? Not honestly sure what all kinds of legal benefits comes with it. lol

• LOL Yeah until he gets cheated by the system LOL

• @Octavio I AGREE with both of y'all ^_^

What Guys Said 18

• I'm starting to wonder the same thing as I grow up and get more experience from life. I feel like most men don't take anything positive out of getting married, you can stay with the same girl, living in the same house, for your whole life without getting married. You may not get some benefits from the government or whatever, but you avoid a possible divorce and all that it comes with it.
    But, when you're in "love" you feel like everything's gonna be great, and that you'll be with her forever, so why not get married?
    I've always wanted to get married in the future, but I'm starting to grow out of that idea, since I'm starting to struggle to find the positive side to that.

• Agreed with everything you said.

COPY PASTE of mine "IMHO you should leave the marriage with everything that you came into it with OR earned YOURSELF while the marriage was in progress. I mean look at KOBE'S wife for example -_- never worked a day in her life YET SHE HAS IT ALL figuratively speaking lol" and it's no secret that marriage/divorce is all about money these days LOL

• A wife, children, a family, those are my reasons for wanting to get married and are one of the few reasons why I court to begin with. But I suppose at the end of the day you can suck it up and grow a pair, and realize that life is full of good stuff and bad and well bad stuff may happen to you or to your marriage or may not always go your way. Or you can live you life of fun as a "bachelor"and die alone with no purpose or anything to show for yourself.

Also a lot of the problems you talked about can be easily taken care of with contracts signed before the marriage that ensure you can't get screwed and she can't run away with everything you own, even the courts have to abide by them and can't make them void. Also you do know we as men can say no if they want something to, they aren't the only ones who can do it, it's only a one way street if your weak willed.

• Where are you @Octavion when I need ya man ^_^ "Also a lot of the problems you talked about can be easily taken care of with contracts signed before the marriage that ensure you can't get screwed and she can't run away with everything you own, even the courts have to abide by them and can't make them void" SHID!!! LOL

Now you're right about the 1-way street thing BUT AT THE SAME TIME most women will try to force their opinions/wants on you with the MARRIAGE BS LOL. "OMG when are you going to marry me?" EVEN THOUGH everything has been going a-okay ^_^ but once "CONTRACT" comes into play, she might fuck around and change on ya, now what?

YUP YOU LOSE, SHE WINS and will probably get most of your shit potentially -_-. NOW YOU HAVE NOTHING "LEFT" NOR TO SHOW FOR IT ALL (your whole life earning) LOL

• Also in regards to the contract if she does sign it she can't change it, if she violates it she automatically get's nothing if a divorce takes place same goes if you break it to.

• LOL I agree and I wouldn't dare marry some bat shit crazy blood sucking leech harpy type of girl LOL

• Like that other guy said it is just for tradition and tax breaks

However when you add up the cost of the ring, the ceremony, the divorce lawer/legal fee, s the cost of splitting your assets, and the alimony that you will probably be paying, then those tax breaks don't sound as enticing.

• Not all marriages are the terrible horrors they are portrayed as on GaG. Know what you're getting into or just don't do it. Everyone has their own version of marriage, and the legal crap can be dealt with separately via pre-nup or other documentation.

Simply a matter of deliberate thought and action.

• To me, there's something sexy about a woman devoting herself and her body to you and you alone. i've been on the fence about marriage for a while myself, mainly due to some of the things you said, but at the end of the day, i think the relationships we forge with other people is ultimately what makes life most meaningful and worth living, so despite my initial reservations, I'm starting to lean towards wanting to get married so I can have a cool family of my own someday. Only issue is that with the way things are going, it's probably not going to be with a black woman as i had envisioned, since a lot of them only want a white guy from my experience... so my future wife to be will likely be either white or Asian

• I agree with you. It's not worth marrying anymore. Marriage is not easy. It's work and takes cooperation in good AND bad times. But nowadays generally girls just go in for a ride and then they bloat up, give less sex or use it as a treat for doing house chores, and nag. Women can and have cheated on men and will call for divorce and then your screwed for doing nothing wrong. Even if you have prenups made before the marriage, they can be nullified during divorce. There is no difference between living together with someone and getting married except just signing a piece of paper.

• You gain literally nothing by being married, at all.

You can bang a girl, live with her, have kids with her, move in with her, all without being wed and no one will give a damn.

Why would any sane man legally put himself in her power like that, or set himself up to the "honey, sex tapers off after marriage, everyone knows that, duh!"

• Getting married? Having kids? It's all a mistake man... Ahahaha. I want to say I'm joking, but ummm yeah..

• I chose to want to get married because I found the lady I love more than any thing else. I also know she is the right person for me because she makes me feel alive so as you put it I gladly and willingly put my balls in her pocket. The way I feel when around her tells me that she respects them as she knows I gladly do any thing for her

• Tradition. Tax Breaks.

• Most women like to feel secure, so marriage is the option that they feel that they can ensure that they are secure. It's a trap, don't do it till you are mid 30s and no women want you anymore lol

• Getting married is only to please your worldly spouse. It's not even recommended for people to get married. If you can't handle your spouse's needs, then you shouldn't get married.

• I'm starting to like you

• She can easily be offed and dissolved in a vat of sodium hydroxide if she thinks she runs shit.

• its the women that gains from a wedding. PERIOD!!!

• WITHOUT A FUCKING DOUBT LOLOLOL

• it sucks for us!! it was invented by women as a means to drain us

• Oh no doubt it was AND THAT IS WHY NIGGAS NEED TO QUIT WIFING UP THESE BROADS... we gain NOTHING but usually LOSE IT ALL -_-

• Half of marriages end in divorce. 70 percent or divorces are enacted by women. 90 percent of all alimony goes to women. When you marry a women you swear to never have sex with another women and stay with a woman who isn't obligated to have sex with you but is entitled to your money. I'm not getting married until my late thirties and I definitely won't have an American wife.

• Your meme pictures are pointless

• I hear ya ^_^

• Both types are pointless.

• LOL I hear ya same thing I say about the ANON thing in general on her 95% of the time ^_^. But hey I deal with it just LIKE YOU'RE going to do deal with my MEMEs/GIFs LOLOL