How do some married couples stay in the honeymoon phase? I have seen couples who have been together 20 years who are still wildly affectionate?

Rrefreshing the question

Most Helpful Guy

• For most couples who haven't done a lot of research, it just comes down to dumb luck. If you were seriously looking for cause and effect, you could easily spend 10 or 20 years researching it.
    In about 90% of cases, it will be the wife who turns off all affection. Often she won't have a reason or give one. It won't matter if hubby is a better man than ever. That makes no difference. 52% of first marriages end in divorce or separation.

Only about 20% of wives will still be showing regular affection at 20 years into a marriage. Women are normally their own worst enemy, and most will turn a marriage to shit. It will cost everyone emotionally and financially, but there's no stopping them. This will explain what's going through her head, so take careful note. www.macleans.ca/culture/books/the-two-year-itch/

How can you avoid it?
    * Marrying a bride under 25 could make the odds worse by about 20%. Over 25, there doesn't seem to be much change with age. 25+ is good. The husband's age has little effect, because men are rarely responsible for ruining marriage.
    * If a white man marries a black woman, the chance of divorce or separation reduces by 44%. That's quite significant. Those men are unlikely to better than the men who marry white women, so the cause is most likely in the women.
    * I personally wouldn't marry a woman if she or any of her immediate female blood relatives had ever divorced (aunts, cousins, etc). That would be a red flag. Some things run in the family.

*The only other clue you could find would be her 2D:4D ratio. That's the ratio of the length of her index finger compared to ring finger. Women with high 2D:4D ratio have longer lasting relationships, are less promiscuous, and typically look more feminine. They have a lower waist /hip ratio, more like 70% than 80%. www.hookingupsmart.com/.../
    The ratio varies some from race to race, but I'd only accept a woman who was within the top 25% for her race.

This could help a little, but only if the marriage involves one of the elusive 20% of women. cdn.preterhuman.net/.../...20Love%20with%20You.PDF

What Girls Said 2

• You have to keep up the effort and never take the person for granted.

I agree with everything Anon girl said in her comment.

• Do you think anyone can do it if they do what is required and never take each other for granted?

• For the most part I think so. If they were happy in the beginning of the relationship, I believe they can stay that way if they stay devoted to each other.

• Great question - I should have askes this as my marriage is shit. I can tell you some of the things that kill a marriage...

• do you believe most people do it if they put the work into it and are really devoted and commited and put their all into it and if they avoid the things that kill a marriage

• Do most people when they get married really want it to work

• I am sure no one marries wanting it to fail. But sometimes you dont realise things ate going bad until it is really bad. And in my case it seems we have an uphill battle as I didn't realise how different we are until very recently.

What Guys Said 3

• They know how to maintain high attraction levels, they do everything right

• So do you agree that it is in fact possible to maintain this?

• Can most people do it if they put the work into it and are really devoted and commited and put their all into it

• Well all relationships have time limits, so its impossible to say...
      But if both parties are doing everything right, sure

• I don't think you understand what a honeymoon is. The honeymoon is just the vacation they go on right after marriage.

• I know but the honeymoon phase is the first 2 years of a marriage during which the couple is at its happiest

• The right two people.