What age do you want to get married? Why?

What age would you like to get married?

Most Helpful Girl

• 26 because by then I'll hopefully be in love and have my life together. Plus I don't want to be too old or young

What Girls Said 129

• I used to think/hope I'd get married around 27 or 28... suddenly I'm 25 and that just doesn't really seem realistic. I don't have an age in mind anymore... it'll happen when it happens. ♥

• Thats how i feel too. Time just goes so fast and all the sudden we are at 'that age' but not quite ready

• maybe when i'll meet the right one
    p.gr-assets.com/.../7911919.gif

• I'd hope to be married around the age of 27 cause that's when I want to start having kids. :)

• You should definitely allow for a few years of married life before making babies. There are always things between a husband and wife that need some time and attention, especially in the beginning, and it is better to not have the distraction of a colicky baby.

• @OlderAndWiser Yeah true. I wouldn't immediately start having a family. Give it a year or two. It just depends on when it all happens and when I'll meet someone.

• I never really thought about it; I would suppose 28-30. I want to be able to have my degrees and my own stability before marriage

• 18 actually July 11, 2015, we have been best friends since early childhood. We're crazy in love, we spend so much time together anyways. We had also talked about getting married after finishing college then figured we would end up living together anyway. We decided to get married before I join him at college this fall, he's already got an apartment there and all settled in, I stay there whenever I'm "visiting" him anyway.

• No specific age, but I do want to be out of university with a degree and I want to have lived with my boyfriend/fiancee for at least two years. I'll be over 24 for sure.

• I don't really have a timeline, but ideally I'd be 26/27. That way we can start having kids at 28/29; my boyfriend is 6 years older than me so we don't want to wait too long to start a family.

• I hope to be married by the time I'm 25.

• That's the age my wife and I had when we married

• Indeed, we traveled a lot before and after marrying, then we had a baby at 30. A boy. He stopped us from traveling for a few years but once he was 3 or 4 he came with us to 'calmer' destinations. Once he was out of HS we traveled again.

• I'm 25 and nowhere near being married hahaha

• 24.
    I don't want to have children until I'm married but I don't want children much past I'm 25.
    I'm 22. My boyfriend best get a shufty on. He's the one I want to marry.

• Some time before my hair is all grey and before my kids get married. They just might beat me. Lord knows they will be the cause of my hair color turning. Lol.

• in my 30's I feel like under 30 you are still too young and should be getting your career started. 30 would be a preferred age because at least If you have been doing what you were supposed to be doing at that age you have your things together hopefully a job, finished school, have your apartment, car... Those are all pretty much the starter kits of starting a family and settling down.

• besides at least at that age you have learned enough and could have a lot of money saved up by then so when you decide to have a child.

• like 25- 35? so like late twenties to mid thirties! I want to be done university and have a career started and be able to afford a big fairy-tale wedding.

• In my late 20's.

• If I were to I would want to be 25-30. Not too early while I still have my life ahead of me but not too old where I'll be in my midlife crisis when mhy kid is 10.

• Age is just a number. We should marry whenever we want to and are ready to, and of course to the person you love!

• This is such a coincidence. In religion studies this morning our teacher asked us pretty much the same question. I would prefer to get married before 27 and after 20. I want to get married so I can have children, but not only that because I want to share the rest of my life with someone and I think that will be pretty special. Even if God doesn't have a marriage in store for me in my future I would still want to adopt 4 kids and have lots of pets. I think everyone has someone out there for them and sometimes they just don't find them. I can't wait to meet the one for me.

• I would wanna get married between the age of20-25 and then have my first kid from like 26-30

• Maybe sometime between 30 - 34 years old.

• Realistically, I'd like to be married by 25, like my parents were, but I'm not sure. Right now I've had some pretty low luck in the guy department so maybe by that time I'll just have a billion cats...

• If I ever want to get married, any time after I'm thirty. Because I'd want children around that time and if me and my partner are really serious I'd like to celebrate it with a wedding. Marriage itself doesn't mean that much to me.

• maybe 25 ...

• I am happy to do that before 30. Since a girl should have kids younger. (I have a traditional thinking that i should be married before kids)

• Say 22? I would like to get married as early as long as there is loving healthy relationship. I don't want any children until much later, and I will be finishing my degree/s. I like the meaning behind the wedding not the flashy ring and expensive dress, I find it to be a beautiful event that I can't wait to be a part of when I find the right one.

• 30. I will have lived enough, learned enough, and matured enough to comfortably settle down and raise a family. I would have a collection of parenting books.

• Preferably never.

• Ideally 25-26. I hope to be in dental school and if not finished, almost finished. I feel that marriage is a HUGE step and you should be ready (in an ideal life lol) for it. I want to be secure financially, be independent, and be holistically ready. To literally be a self sufficient adult.
    But if I drift from the ideal, it's still okay.

• Maybe 60 but I dunno I may still be in my prime.

• I can't even imagine someone wanting to marry me but I'd like to get married when I've had all my shit together and a stable job and place... and a dog. I think 25 is the ideal age to get married but you never know what could happen. I could also end up single and living in a house full of dogs while enjoying my single life xD

• The ideal age for both people: 28 - 34.

• 18-22

The average age all my cosins, relatives, and family get married. Occasionally there is a cousin that gets married at 16-17.

• More from Girls
    99

What Guys Said 67

• Err well I got married when I was 19 to a 31 year old woman that I got pregnant. Before that I always assumed I would get married around 30 or something. Anyway the relationship actually turned out great! She has a high end corporate job in the city earning big bucks and she already had her own house when we got together. I stay at home and look after out two kids but I also work from home 18 hours a week doing finance admin. I'm training to become a personal trainer though which I should be qualified in by this time next year. It's something I've always wanted to do. The age gap has worked out great and we are financially well off because of how things workout out. I am now 23 and she is 35 and we have a 4 year old daughter and a son who has just turned 2. We go travelling to different countries at least three times a year :) Always expect the unexpected! I never knew my life would pan out like this!

• When it feels right. I don't really believe in a magical number when it comes to when we'll be "mature" enough to get married.

• When I'll become financially stable ^_^

• Maybe around 35.. I'll be done with school around 31-32 and I'd need a few years to pay off any loans and any red in my ledger. Then I'd start to think about marriage but I'm all about having complete financial sustainability before any major life choices.

• ASAP as possible.

• How about I tell you what most people's future is going to be as it'd be more helpful. Think of what age you'd like to be married at and then add 5-10 years to that number. If you get married at all that's probably when you'll get married. If you get married anytime sooner you will probably be divorced in 2 years or less.

• When I started asking girls out I thought I'd get married younger than I thought I would be, like age 27. But now I'm thinking I'm probably only going to get married at 31. Perhaps later too.. I'm slowly trying to accept the fact that waiting to get married to the right person is more important than trying to meet the 31 mark...

• Never, these sorts of social constructions fail to resonate with me. I don't see the appeal or desire.

• 74 or so mhmm

• For some reason 28 always comes to mind... I think because I want a kid before 30. Thoguh I am 23.5 and no prospects at all... but still, plenty of time.

• Id like to get married in my thirties but it won't happen since I probably won't have been able to even get a girlfriend by then.

• So I could do filthy things to her every night and plus when you marry a chick she is more likely to let you do stuff with her in the bedroom, or shower, or wherever you wanna get freaky.

• I know I am beyond weird and yeah, I would hardly find a partner easily so I think it will be will be around +30 maybe.

• 33? LOL!!! I can't hope for any better than that. I'm sure next year, I'll be saying 34... then 35... then 36.

• I don't believe in marriage so never

• Why not?

• @juliadd just marriage I would have no problem settling down with a partner and having kids - Don't see need to get married

• I see :) it's true in these days it's not necessary

• Was married at 18... Divorced by 22... Lol
    Now I say... No need to ever get married.. Pointless contract that you really only need if you agree that assets should be divided 50/50 if separation were needed..

• I don't want to get married ever.

• I don't ever want to get married ;).

• Before I'm 30.

• 18 years old

• Still undecided about marriage. Leaning towards maybe to never.

• I thought I'd be married at 25/26 and now I'm 27 and I lost my train. No clue now if that will ever happen :/

• When I have an income, my own place, some more life experiences, and a girlfriend. Probably by the time I turn 33 honestly.

• Probably never. My standards/requirements that I've for a SO is too high & I'm not willing to compromise on any of them.

• I tried this living together with someone thing not once and it didn't work, it's just not for me.
    I don't want to get married, I'm too selfish for that.

• I got married at 29.

• Maybe when I'm in my 50's or 60's depending on my circumstances at that time.

• I'm pretty ready for marriage now. I feel like above 25 but under 30 is a good window to commit yourself.

• Yeah i also thing tha is a good window to kiss commit suicide of your fun.
      But one serious note agreed agreed with you. Cause at young age you are having strength to take care and nurture your family

• Well to each their own. At 29 you will have had at least some fun already in most cases. :) Maybe 25-35 then.

• For me i know who i want to marry so i want to do it as soon as she is ready to make that commitment.

• 25-28ish. We''ll see what happens, no rush at the moment

• More from Guys
    37