Are we getting married?

We've been dating for 6 years, and living together the whole time. He says I'm the one all the time. He's always buying me presents and so perfect in every way. We have incredible sex, we share everything, we are so attracted to each other. I help him with abstract chores (bills, running errands, mail, laundry, organizing, make food) and he helps with the physical stuff (gardening, cars, bring food home). We fight only once in a blue moon and we always end up hugging it out. When I say why don't we just get married, it seems like there's something holding him back but what? Our life together is literally perfect

• He will pop the question any day now
  • He won't ever, why ruin a good thing
  • He will in ten more years
  • See answers
Well... Great news, he spontaneously brought it up over the phone two nights ago and yesterday he said, "pick out a ring that you like and show me. Pretend like money is no object." I was like wtf yaaa! So, this is going well ;)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• You guys have kids together? If not i'd be surprised if he proposes.

• No kids... I'd probably want to protect them with some vows before hand ;)

What Girls Said 6

• The only problem I've found with couples who live together, is that men are less likely to propose, or will drag their feet, cause they already have the lifestyle. Marriage is a great way to commit to each other, especially since the two of you have been going strong for the last 6 years. Talk to him about it - maybe subtly, making hints that you want to be husband and wife, or even just straight out ask if you want :)

• Just wanted to add - very pleased for you both, its great it was spontaneous and a surprise. Congratulations and the best of luck to the both of you! x

• Maybe you should drop hints? Only if you want to. I mean will an official add to the perfection of the relationship or take away from it?

• If you want to get married, mention it.

• I voted for c but 10yrs is extreme I jst don't think it won't be happening now. It could be happening sometime soon, depends on both of your age, financial standing, beliefs, etc you should sit down and talk to him if marriage is what you want

• He's probably afraid of marriage itself since everything is going so well.

• All I have to say is why buy the cow when the milk is free? www.thescrib.com/.../Lie-3.jpg