Why can't girls be straight up with guys?

I recently had a young 21 year old, engaged, girl flirt with me. If you want examples of what she did to flirt, I can tell you. I know it was flirting, and one of her friends even told her in front of me to "Stop flirting". Anyway, I confronted her about her flirting and asked her what it all meant. She told me,"That's just the way I am". Did it answer my question? No! I guess what I was looking for was an apology for leading me on. Up until this weekend, she still flirts with me. Why can't girls be straight up with guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, your topic should say "Why can't certain girls be straight up with guys". Mainly because EVERY girl isn't the same way as the girl you described. Some girls flirt mainly for attention. Others flirt to make the person feel good about themselves. Some people just don't care and to me, that's the girl your talking about.

Sounds like she just wanted to have a little fun.There's nothing wrong with that. UNTIL someone gets hurt. Which almost always happens! You should tell her to be straight up with you because you don't like when girls lead you on or being lied to. For one, if she's engaged she shouldn't be flirting with anyone anyway. Tell her that!

• You're right! She is a "certain" type of girl. It's great that you bring up the fact that some girls do it just for "fun". It's amazing that there are people, girls and guys, that "flirt" with people of the opposite sex at the expense of that particular person. I actually told her that I didn't appreciate being "lead on" and she still flirts in a very casual way, but we don't actually talk anymore because I've kept my distance for my benefit as well as hers.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know. I am.

What Guys Said 4

• Simple. Because girls can't be straight up with themselves.

• "thats the way I am". Dude she is casually flirting with u, she is just trying to gauge the limit that perks you up. And if that's the case, nah she wouldn't apologize.

But I would say she is a real neat deal to work you up like that ;-)

• Well, for her to ask me to lunch, get physically close to me, turn her back towards me, and show me the restaurant menu so that I would be up against her back, looking over her shoulder to see the menu, isn't flirting then what is!

If her friend, tried twice to get me to sit closer to the girl during a group breakfast isn't flirting then what is?

If her fiance's aunt, wanted to take a cellphone photo of the two of us together isn't flirting, then what is?

• Guess I should have asked you what she did earlier on ;-) before commenting.

• It's validation seeking, pure and simple. She just wants to feel good about her looks or whatever it is that's eating away at her self-esteem and flirting and feeling attractive to men is her wait of filling that void.

• Most of the girls just like to flirt, but they don't want more. Just flirting. They like to be on the stage, like to see the attention you pay to them, but that's all.

• That is soooo true. Women flirt for different reasons than men. It sucks, but you just have to keep that in mind.

• I guess it's like going to the store. Men know what they want, and women need to go down every aisle to check out the sales. Then, they still need to ask the guy what looks better on them, or should they get this over that! All you guys know what I mean!