Marriage,What's your opinion?

Soo. Me and my boyfriend (I am 17 and he is 18) have been dating for quite a while now. We seriously feel that we are made for each other and have expressed to one another that we would like to get married in the future. The thing is his aim is to be a pilot (4 year college) and mine is to be a chef (2 years). He says he can't wait 4 years and asked me what I thought about waiting just 2, well to me I love the idea but I don't want things to get complicated to the point where he can't fulfill his dreams. I told him that but he said that wouldn't happen. I truly love him and he adores me but I don't want my life to end up miserable because we got married at such a young age. What's your opinion?

Please give any advice you have to offer, I am willing to hear.

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to say it, but the chances of you making it to the other end of school together, married or not, is pretty low. That has nothing to do with either of you and everything to do with there is a lot more you both have to experience. If, later on (post school +2 years) you still want to get married, cool. Part of this is coming to terms with your own sexuality and preference and some of it is simply that you need to get school behind you and get some experience to have a balance perspective.

20 years later, no one, I repeat no one, who got married before age 22 is still together as of 38 (I got married at 27 and had the fourth oldest marriage at my high school reunion)

• Thank you for your sincerity. As much as it hurts to accept it, its true. Nevertheless, I believe that in 4 years things will be quite different and we may be ready for marriage.I keep my hopes high. lol...but thank you !

What Guys Said 2

• If your boyfriend has this idea that he may be in a better position to handle his college after he is married; he would in for a surprise.

Much better would be to go after that dream in 2 years time, for you it is much better - you would have a degree for him its nearly half of his course tenure. He would be in a better position to say whether he could handle the responsibilities of marriage and his college work load at the same time.

• Woo. Awfully large decision, there.

I don't think that getting married two years earlier or later (after dating for over two years) would make much of a difference, personally. If you're emotionally ready for it, think you're right for each other, and don't get hitched before you've been dating for at least two years, it can work for you.

(I do, however, know a couple that have dated for over four years, then called it off; be careful, even if trusting! )

What Girls Said 2

• When you want to get ready to marry make sure its a time that you can both commit. Not just emotionally, but financially. You need money for the wedding, an apartment together, collage, and a whole bunch of things. I have friends that have married at 18 and 19 and they have made it work, collage and living together, so if you both are ready, then go for it, but If there will be problems with money, then wait awhile.

• Shouldn't get married until you know how to spell "Marriage". Plus you're way too young. If you really love each other wait until you get through your schooling first as college can really change you as a person. You will be better off waiting.