Engaged less than a month already planning wedding normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest, it depends in my eyes.

Depends on how long you've been together beforehand.
    How important marriage is to you two.
    How important it is to your parents.
    Your religion.
    Your finances.

I mean, some people they get engaged to take the next step and then they take no further action because they don't have the money.
    Some people get engaged and get through the marriage within a year because if they don't do it now they never will.
    Some people can afford to do it, some people do it on the cheap.
    And some people just want to get married after they've been engaged. Some aren't so fussed.

It completely depends on you and what's important to you.

If you want to plan your wedding, go for it as long as your husband to be is happy. Go for your life!

What Guys Said 7

• well isn't it the point of getting engaged, to start planning for a wedding? I've never heard of a "set time" you have to follow to begin planning a wedding.

• Some may believe in a set time to go together before being committed, such as "going steady". Some may believe in a set time to know a boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming engaged. But being engaged means you have decided this is the person for you and are now committed to marrying. The moment of becoming engaged is the moment you can start planning the wedding.

Truth be told, many people, especially women, are planning their wedding long before they even find someone they want to marry.

• I thought the whole point of being engaged was that you are ready to get married. Engagement is the moment where you start planning your wedding. That's what we did anyway.

• Yes... Engagement means you're ready to plan the wedding.

• Way too early.

• It's a little fast in my opinion, but if it's the right person for you and it's like love at first sight of some sort, then sure why not.

• Abnormal and happy 21st Century divorce, like what do really know about this guy, marriage is not about playing guessing games that it going to be alright. Its not what he likes about you or vie versa its about teamwork do you both have the constituents to bake the relationship, and how qualitative is it -do you argue do you argue for the right reasons and are they solutions

What Girls Said 8

• Is not the point of getting engaged to begin planning the wedding? I know someone who got engaged last Friday and today she has the church, photographer, DJ, rehearsal dinner, pastor, and flower shop all booked. She's going dress shopping next weekend.

So no, her wedding is already basically planned and it's been like 4 days.

• You shouldn't be engaged until you're ready to plan a wedding. This is why I don't consider people who are "engaged" actually engaged until they have a date set. People who have years long engagements are still just... dating.

• sounds kinda quick..

• Not normal since that's not enough time to know if it might actually work out.

Probably would be best if you waited like 1-2yrs. To really make sure if it might workout or not

• I've always considered the engagement as the "wedding planning" phase. Isn't that the point of getting engaged... to get married? Otherwise, what's the point of being engaged.

• babe. most of us have been planning our weddings since we were little girls :P

• I dont think so. I think that some things can wait but it could help not feel as stressed

• My cousin got engaged at 17 and got married 6 months later at 18

It's normal I think