Guys, if you're serious about a girl to the point of marriage, after how long of dating are YOU (individually) likely to propose?

Is it too soon for him to propose after a year and a half to two years of dating?

• After 6 months.
    4% (1)
  • After a year.
    22% (5)
  • After a year and a half.
    9% (2)
  • After two years.
    17% (4)
  • After two and a half years.
    4% (1)
  • After three years.
    22% (5)
  • I dont ever plan to propose. I dont want to get married EVER!!!
    22% (5)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Guy

• It would depend on my current situation. If my life was perfectly stable then I would propose right then when it would be easiest to plan a wedding. But if I'm in the middle of a ton of shit then it will have to wait till my life calms down.

• Love the sound of this

• Yes I marked C because there wasn't any "Depends on the girl" selection.

• Lol I like your answer better than 3-6 years

What Guys Said 9

• If you want your marriage to last, it is best to do it AFTER the NRE has faded, so you are able to understand the relationship with a clear head. So that means waiting for 3 years or so on the short side, maybe four or five if that NRE is really lingering.

If you are supposed to be together forever, there is no harm in waiting a few years longer to be safe. And if the NRE wears off and you realize you weren't supposed to be together after all, you will sure be glad you waited.

• Well I wanted to have kids before 30 so I'm actually trying to be proposed to within 1-2 years

• Well see I fall quickly. So I'd hope I'd fall for someone who fell fast as well. Im ready to be in love. Im ready for him to put a ring on it and knock me up

• The 'fall' isn't love though. It's NRE. That fast fall feeling is because of certain, specific chemicals being released by the brain in a new relationship. And it hits some people really fast. Dopamine, norepinephidrine, phenylethylamine, serotonin... those are the chemicals being released by the brain that make you feel like you are falling in love early in a relationship. You are literally 'high' on the new relationship, those chemicals are basically dousing you in amphetamines, stimulants and painkillers.

The dopamine is what is also released if you do cocaine, or smoke nicotine (which is why it's so hard to quit smoking). Serotonin can actually send you temporarily insane.

This is why it is so important to wait for those feelings to pass before making lifelong commitments. When you are feeling NRE, everything seems perfect, marriage, kids, life together forever... all seems perfect and rosy and awesome. But it's all because of a chemical high. You may as well do cocaine and plan.

• I proposed after 4 years, personally if was enough time to go through ups and downs together and see how we can work with each other through all our fights and quarrels. Our marriage turned out great. We love each other dearly because we share life together... and also we are dependent on each other

• Thats good :) I still hope to be proposed to in at least half that time. We can spend the pther 2 years engaged or something

• Thank you, and may you have a wonderful marriage... but don't rush it

• I think marriage is wrong.. Its unatural... You dont see anyother animals in a dress or tuxedo with a vicker and friends and family... Wtf

• Well I'm religious (no surprise there) and so I'd like to marry before having kids, and I'd like to have kids before 30.

• Does it matter? I thiught getting married was the end of sex anyway

• Not for me lol. Ots the start of something wild

• after 3 years cause usually around that time ull know if its good for you

• Yea I think if a guy doesn't propose by the third year, I'll feel the need to move on. Its like my biological clock is ticking or something haha.

• What if the girl is trying to wait for sex til after she's married. Does that speed up the process? because thats what I'm doing... Waiting

• It was 6 years for me. Bit too soon really but her mum threatened me and I had to choose between marrying her daughter or not being served roast dinners anymore.

• Also I think marriage is silly and unnecessary.

• Lol what do you mean

• Nothing serious. It's just a thing people say to refer to casual sex - practising to make making babies.

• Three to five years

• Ahhh y'all are killing me. Lol I'll be done lost hope by then

• I wouldn't be dating that type of girl in the first place

• Of course lol

• Id say about four years.

• Ughhhh thats too long lol. Whats wrong with two years?

• Well good for them

• How os that good for them? They were only engaged for 3 months and then broke up

• I wouldn't purpose until I have a steady job, and a decent place to live

• Thats a better answer than giving me some long ole years

• Depends how relationship blossoms!