Why do I always get a weird look from guys when they know that i'm 19 and married?

Ok I'm 19 and married and guys give me that weird look in the college when they know about me! They are like "Holy shit" or "oh my god" :o :o :o :o :o :o
My question is : is it really that weird guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• At that age most people have not seen much of "real life". Just about your whole life has been in school, not earning a living and making a life for yourself. It is really too young for most to know what life will be handing them and who to share that life with. Which is why so many young marriages end in divorce. So that is why you get the weird looks.

What Guys Said 11

• Because they expect you to "eventually realize you made a mistake by binding yourself at such a young age and end up divorcing at some point"

Of course, they could be wrong. Most people plan on marrying at like, 24-28?

• coz 19 is very young basically... o_O

• It is not. My parents were not much older when they married.

But I think that most guys your age think that marriage is still years away.

• Being married is not a bad thing I still live a normal life like anyone else but they make it like it's really bad :s

• Yeah that is far too young to make any such commitment.

• But not bad

• Also I may be slightly biased. My mum was 18 when she married, didn't end well :P

• Maybe she wasn't ready to get married at the time? But I know what I want and I have goals in my life and I'm mature enough to know what does marriage mean. :)

• Maybe they think your too young to get married.

• Maybe right but I can take responsibility or I wouldn't marry in this age :)

• do you make enough money to be able to fully support yourself?

• Because it's very unusual to be married while being 19 nowadays.

• Considering the national average for women to get married is 26, yeah it's pretty weird.

• For me its not weird, but its unusual
    Usually people get married at the age of 23 or more but don't feel bad about it

• its because you got married very early

• 19 is a very young age to me married at. It surprises everyone.

• i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif Because most think that you're to young to be married I guess

What Girls Said 8

• I got married at 19, people are always shocked but when they see us together they get it :-) Don't worry what people think. People always look at me in disbelief when I tell them I've never cheated in the seven years we have been together - some people just don't understand if they're not that way themselves.

• He was at your age? :)

• I'm 19 he's 25 :)

• Nice!

• Yeah that's pretty weird. You're barely a grown-up and make such commitment. I think you probably get weird looks from everybody, not just guys...

• Yeah but it's more from guys

• How old is your husband then?

• Please don't give me that weird look too :) he's... 25

• Yeah, it's pretty strange.

• What age did you get married? In Qatar, if I wanted to; I could get married today. The legal age is 14 I think

My cousin met her husband at 15, she got engaged at 17, got married at 18, and had a child at 19. She is 20..

But I'm not stupid and naive so I don't want to follow in her footsteps.

To be honest, it's not that weird

• Wooow that was pretty quick
      I got married last year

• not weird... but kinda unusual

• I personally wouldn't care but I guess people think that maybe you're young

• I wish I could get married right after highschool. And it's because everyone waits till they are like 26 to get married and you got married younger. I don't see a problem with it. Congrats!!! Ps. My parents got married at 19 too.

• It is kinda unusual, but not a bad thing