Fiancé ended our engagement, am I wrong for behaving this way?

He told me that he loves another woman. He wants to still get married to me for citizenship and continue to live with me for homeland security but doesn't want to be romantically involved with me after 5 years in a relationship, we're both 24. He told me last week that he is sorry and that we can still be friends.

My reaction: I told him to marry the skank that he was having an "emotional affair" with and to go shove it. I told him that I hope he gets sent back to South America. I became bitter. I left yesterday. He keeps calling me nonstop.

His reaction: "God will do you justice, you're a mean and bitter woman". I loved you and still do, but I have moved on and I'm doing what makes me happy. It's not about you.

My reaction: It's over. You're dead to me and old news. Marry her and let me be. The end.

Part of me feels like shit. I fuckin loved this guy. Nobody could have told me anything, I wanted to be with this guy and he ripped my heart out of my chest. Now I'm sitting here wishing I wouldn't have said all of that yet I'm still so angry I feel good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well he was a real asshole, how on earth are you gonna break an engangement because you love someone else and expect the girl to still marry you and live with you? He's out of his head! And no you are not wrong for behaving like this, if I were you I would have also given him a good kick on his balls, I am really sorry all this happened since you love him, I just hope it gets better in time, he obviously doesn't deserve you and you shouldn't marry someone that doesn't love you just so they can have a fucking citizenship, omg it's so unfair

• Lol about the kick in the balls part. Thanks for understanding.

• Thanks again. Yes. When I look at it, I feel like he was really just a using asshole.

• Yeah, sadly, he sounds like he was just using you, I wonder if he even has a heart lol

What Guys Said 6

• He's the worst kind of aßhole. You were used in the worst way. You have done well to be rid of him. Don't look back. You deserve better.

• he sounds retarded. surprised he's not a gag user

• You 100% did the right thing.
    Don't let this idiot waste another second of your time or energy!

• Thanks.

• Don't be so hard on yourself. You did nothing wrong. Give yourself time to get over him but no matter how much you want to, NEVER communicate with his loser ass again.

• Thanks. I want the "no contact" rule.

• That is despicable behavior on his part. Using you for citizenship? Appalling is the lightest term I can use. I hope he stays in his country too. You shouldn't feel any guilt for this.

• he's a leech.

• leave him nvr talk to him again

What Girls Said 7

• Nah, you did the right thing by leaving him and telling him off. And if he just wants to marry you to get citizenship, that's a crime called marriage fraud. Run far away from that nightmare so you don't end up in jail.

• Exactly, and I do not want anything to do with if. Thanks.

• This situation reminds me of that song by the Supremes, "you keep me hangin". Honestly, it is best to have this asshole out of your life. There's no point in being friends when you had strong feelings for him and you have to see him with another chick. That's torture right there. You did the right thing by cutting him off, don't look back. I know it is very hard. But you will be much happier without him. It's crazy how the same person who once loved you can send you into a realm of despair. I've said this to myself time and time again. You are not alone. You are strong. You will recover from this.

• No, I think your reaction is totally reasonable. If he's only using you to get a green card, why would you want to stay with him? Marriage is about you. He deserves to have those things said to him. He's a shifty person who did a shifty thing to you.

• Good for you! I don't think you're wrong for that.

• No you did a good thing. First of all don't pick up his calls no matter how tempting it is. If he's in love with that women then he can go marry her for citizenship. It's not fair to you. He pretty much just wants to use you. He's saying let's be friends to keep you close, happy, and still be cool with him. He's got a lot of nerve to dump you and still want you to help him get citizenship. Once he gets what he wants there's a good chance he will get up and leave and you'll never hear from him again.

I know you still love him but if you give him what he wants that will really tear you apart. You will regret it. Slowly let go of him. He's not worth your time if he wants to use you/bring you down just to bring his own ass up. I suggest you let him go, do what you love, keep yourself busy so he's not constantly on your mind and focus on yourself and your success.

• Let all the rage come out.

• I would have reacted the same in all honesty. He is unbelievably cruel to treat you and use you like that, you are better off without him. Sorry to hear this has happened to you though, I can't imagine how much it must hurt.