Do you agree with concept of arranged marriage?

I heard somewhere "Arranged marriage is like announcing publically that 'My parents has selected a guy/girl for me to share bed & I'll be doing woo hoo with him/her tonight."

Do you agree with conecpt of arranged marriage? Yes/No... explain :)

• Yes
  • No
Those who voted 'Yes', please explain why they're good.

Most Helpful Girl

• In a way I completely disagree with it because everyone should find someone they love
    BUT
    it's seems like an awful process. Seems like it's be such a relief, to just be with someone already, my parents know how I am and I'd trust them to pick a good guy.

• Good point. I agree with you in this but in the end you're going to spend rest of life with him. Even if they give you time to get to know each other; it won't be long enough to know enough about each other.

• Thanks :)

• Thank YOU! (:

What Girls Said 4

• No. You should be able to marry someone you choose and love.

• No. I'm marrying the guy I fall in love with. Not someone who was 'arranged' for me.

• What if you can't find someone you love? Would you prefer to stay single or go through this 'arranged' thing?

• Stay single.

• i don't agree with it i believe in love

• That's a big NO. I'd ran away from my family if they do that lol ^^

• lol great choice hahaha

What Guys Said 8

• Your chances of doing "woo hoo" on your wedding night are actually dismal, in an arranged marriage.
    Sometimes it won't have even happened 2 years after the wedding. Something like 30%-40% of marriages in India are unconsummated at one or 2 years after the marriage.

• Yeah I know. I'm an Indian and come from very old-fashioned family.
      My friend's sister said that line. I can understand her frustration. She's right that in a way, it's like announcing that she's going to do 'it' soon.

• Considering the way my parents marriage ended as well as some of their choices after the marriage I really can't trust them to make a good pick. I am sure some people are wise in these kinds of things and some sets of parents are great matchmakers for their kids. For those folks arranged marriage might be alright.

• No thank you. I rather search a needle through a very big haystack to search that one special for me.

• I think it's stupid. No offense to cultures that actually do that.. but I feel most arranged marriages wouldn't end well

• Yeah, they don't go well but from what I've seen I can tell that in majority of cases they don't end at all. Most of people prefer to continue it for various reasons.

• I think it's pretty fucked up how in some places they arrange their 10 year old daughter to marry adult men. I saw a video on YouTube of this little girl who ran away because she was getting married to a 30 year old

• Yeah that's sick.

• with arranged marriage you don't have to ask dumb questions like "does s/he love me?"

• No, particularly because of who my parents have suggested I date in the past.

• no because coming from someone who just got engaged yesterday i believe you should know your partner before you make such a huge decision

• Arranged marriage is fucking stupid. Only backward cultures still practice it.