I asked my boyfriend to marry me out of the blue. Is it wrong?

Yesterday i asked him to marry me out of the blue and he said yes he will marry me but we have to wait for a few years because he said he wants to give me a nice wedding so he'll save up for it. I actually think it's impossible because he gives all his money to his parents every pay day. :( is it wrong that i asked?

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that he's stalling is another issue. But on the morality of the question.. I don't think it's wrong to ask out of the blue per se, but personally I'd want to casually sound the idea before hand to see how they react, mainly because (strangely) I consider it fair and polite not to put someone on the spot over something like that.

• I know but he once told me he loves me and sees me as someone who he wants to spend the rest his life with that's why i asked him that.

What Guys Said 9

• No its not wrong, i applaud the step and if more girls did this we would have a happier generation
    and he will save up plus u can too

• Thanks. I told him i don't want a grand wedding. I just want a simple one with him but he is insisting with that grand kind of wedding because he said i will only have it once in my lifetime. I told him i just want him and nothing else.

• Well then why are you guys waiting, go and get married...
      Tell him being his wife is what GRAND is for you

• I will tell him that. Thanks

• LOL...4 how long do u know each other? if u know ech other less than a year... then sure it's weird basically o_O

• Just a year lol. I know it's weird but it feels like he is the one i am waiting for. I am very sure about him, he is the nicest person i've ever met.

• if u r sure... then go 4 it... hope u won't regret it l8r though :-)

• It is never wrong to ask, as long as you know what you want and demand:
    Does he really have a good husband qualities

I see he is supporting his family. So will he be able to support you too with a "life you
    accept"? or you will help him too

Have you planed things out

Can you wait? Or is it worth to wait?

• He is a good person. He helps people the way he can. I enjoy our conversations. We get along fine. I love him.

I know he can support me someday and our family. He works hard. I will never ask him to sstop supporting his family though, cuz i know he loves them. I can help him with supporting our own family if he wants me to. He is an amazing person and i don't think there's another man who is good enough to be my husband someday.

• We're still planning about things. We talked about waiting for three years. We talked about opening a bank account together so that we can save enough money to start together.

• I do not think I have anything else to add. Good luck.

• Not wrong to ask but your boyfriend is just being sensible.

• Forget the big good wedding. Doesn't mean anything in the big scheme of things. Just get married. Make sure it is not his subtle way of saying "not really".

• It's wrong if you think it's wrong.

• "I actually think it's impossible because he gives all his money to his parents every pay day"

He's not ready for marriage then. take him at his word.

• That's what i just realized

• Its really cool of you to do that ^^, but why the hell does he give all his money away?

• He came from a very poor family so he helps his family with everything that he earns.

• Give them all or half?

• Half. So he'll have something for himself. I don't want him to spend money on me because i earn my own

• Penny did it to Leonard, and they're engaged (they're having problems but, they're still engaged). Who's to say the woman can't ask. if you want to get married, ask

What Girls Said 9

• My boyfriend was asked by her boyfriend on their 1 year anniversary :D It was very romantic and he was very cute about it. They marry next year and are overly happy.
    There's nothing that you can say for everyone. There are some couples that just fit and don't have to wait so long but there's still the chance that it might not work out especially when you're still very young.
    Don't worry, just don't rush it :)
    It's very noble of him that he gives his money to his parents, means he's going to care for you in the same way someday. Give each other time, you can be engaged for a long time ;) Enjoy it and when you're both ready, do it :) Good luck! ♥

• Nope... why not if you're feeling it? =)

• Congrats on your facebook engagement.

• Facebook engagement

• Ok. Thanks

• Since you know his parents take his pay checks, you honestly shouldn't have asked until he was ready relationship wise (which he was) And financially wise though. in my opinion I say let him ask since he'll mostly be paying for it.

• That's a little odd. But whatever floats your boat.

• No it's not wrong, it's sweet ^_^

• No if you feel like it then no you dud the right thing.

• No its very nice , but he doesn't sound enthusiastic 😕
    Suggest some new ideas for wedding something afortable. Beach, nature things like that

• No I asked my husband