Why don't girls simply accept that marriage is a bad legal/financial deal for men?

There are plenty of girls out there who talk about how they want to get married someday. On the internet, there are plenty of women complaining about how their boyfriends do not want to get married. Why is it that girls continue to insist on a legal/financial arrangement that is unfair to men? I have never been married and plan to stay that way for the rest of my life. I have seen plenty of guys get screwed over in divorce court and I have no intention of going down that same path. The way I see it is that I can get everything I want without a government contract and that "commitment" is a euphemism for being a woman's lifelong slave.

Females, why don't you just accept that marriage has nothing to offer a guy that a guy can't get without marriage? The only thing that it rarely offers a guy is a virgin, but most females are not pure like that.

I live in the US, but the laws are rigged against men in Canada, UK, and Australia as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• personally i believe marriage is pointless.. it'sjust sth official... and i wonder people make so much fuss bout it o_O

What Girls Said 2

• Not always is ^ that the case.

• Can you elaborate please? Not always is what the case?

• I see plenty of women trying to manipulate men into marriage. Anyone who looks around online will see plenty of threads about women telling each other to give the man an ultimatum and leave him if he does not cave in. Also, other women will try to starve a guy of sex just to force him into marriage.

The million dollar question is this: what does marriage give you that you can't get without marriage? Most guys only care about a few things: companionship, sex, children, and a person to split bills with. All of those things can be obtained without marriage, hence the institution is obsolete.

• 'I see plenty of women...' - Yeah? Where do you see that?
      And seriously? Are you backing yourself up with things you 'saw' on the Internet? Or heard around? Funny shit.

There are tax benefits and stuff like that to marriage. People can sign prenups. Like I said before, having children in a marriage is generally smarter for most.
      I'm not a big believer in marriage, I don't think it's absolutely necessary and people can do fine outside of marriages, but, that doesn't mean people shouldn't be free to marry. Or that marriage is 'obsolete'.

• I am glad I am pure then

What Guys Said 6

• All my married friends have greater wealth that they would have never had if they were single. You don't know the purpose and reason for marriage.

Marriage is a contract with God. What many people call marriage in the USA is a civil union where man promises woman and woman promises man.

• Well, it's not a bad deal if you never get divorced, which is supposed to be the point.

That might be naive but it's the point nevertheless. In fact it's the reason divorce laws are messed up the way they are: the law is still stuck in a time when you're not supposed to get divorced anyway, and a woman would only do it if her husband was a total monster.

• This^ . Nowadays half of marriages end in divorce.

• As the other person pointed out, 1/2 of all marriages end in divorce. Marriage is overly idealistic and an outward expression of blatant ignorance of reality.

• Maybe add your country to the question title.

• From a religious standpoint, I think it is retarded for two people to get marred if they are atheist or agnostic. But that's just an opinion

• I think it's retarded to be religious but that's just an opinion :)

• Hey look! A preachy atheist!

But perhaps me calling it retarded is a little harsh

• Exactly. Which is why you need to marry rich.

• there are women that get screwed in the divorce court and me and my fiancee both agreed to sign a prenup anyway even though we both said divorce isn't an option

• Yes, there are always exceptions. But in most cases, the guy is the one getting screwed over. Also, prenups are very limited in terms of the protection they provide.