Should me and my fiancee sign a prenup?

me and my fiancee got into two big fights today on wheather we should move to long island and wheather we should sighn a prenup now she makes a lot more money than i do at the moment but we could come into a point where im making more than her and i do have some inheritance. the instant i suggested we get a prenup she started yelling at me and is now not talking to me and is very upset at me. she thinks that if we get this prenup that will make our future marriage end and she also thinks that me suggesting we get a prenup means that i dont love her. what should we do do you reccomend getting a prenup

Most Helpful Girl

• Suggesting a prenup to a girl is like telling her you don't trust her. Prenup is all about money. Love isn't. I would approach it differently. Say it in a way that she will u derstand completely or even write her a letter explaining yourself. Let's be honest, females are difficult and take things 110% more times than not. So in suggesting a prenup, she probably jumped to the conclusion that you don't trust her and that you think she will take your money. and in her eyes, as you said above, she makes more money than you right now. So she probably has no idea why a prenup means all that much to you. Just approach it differently.

What Girls Said 2

• Haha what the hell? There's no need for that.

• Yes, a pre-nup is important.

What Guys Said 4

• if it doesn't cost anything... i guess u;ve got nthing to lose by doing it :)

• Pre nups are a really sensible idea.

• no. Insurance policy for failed marriage. Means a breakup is expected. Many state also will toss prenups anyway, Easily invalidated.

• Yeah, money issues can really have a negative impact on a relationship, a prenup mitigates this.