If you had doubts about who your friend was marrying, would you tell her/him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if I was the friend then I would voiced out my concerns, but ultimately it's between them. All I can do is warn this friend of mine about it, but I will not try to convince my friend into not marrying the person, I will simply bring forth facts that I do know about them.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I suppose that depends on exactly what those doubts are, but in general, yes.

• Probably not unless they ask. I'm not marrying the person so I don't feel it's my place to be that way. I would just be happy for him or her.

• doubts isn't a strong proof to tell in specially in such as those sensitive things , but in case if something will hurt your friend and something really big so yes you must to tell.

• well with my fiancee she has had her whole family tell her not to marry me and now that were engaged her family has said they won't attend the wedding and they won't fiancially support us anymore and she has had friends tell her that she shouldn't marry me. now the main reason her friends and family dont want her to marry me is because i dont have a college degree and I have aspergers

• I've never had to do that because my friend had the exact same doubts... And ended up getting married anyway... And ended up filing for divorce. :-(

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on the nature of our friendship. Yes and No. It's funny I am literally going through that now. I have a really close friend that's engaged to this guy and she literally hit me with the engagement out of the wood works. I definitely didn't see it coming. She was single then BAM they're together and 3 months later they're engaged. I genuinely expressed my concerns about it and she reassured me that things will be okay, and understood where I was coming from. Do I still approve? I have some doubt. But I'm glad I spoke to her about it.

• If it was about something important that could significantly affect the marriage, then yes. I wouldn't try to convince said friend to marry or not marry said friend's fiance, I would only tell said friend what I think.

• Yes because it'd be easier to talk with your friend now rather than having your friend speak to a divorce lawyer years later.

• I'd try, but that doesn't mean they will listen...