He says he want to marry me... what do I do?

ok so im not gonna mention my age or my bf's age cause it will get everyone off the subject, but me and him have been together for almost 4 months (its 4 months in 2 days!!) anyway, we are in a long distance relationship and we have talked about when getting married and having kids before, but a few days ago he actually asked me... like for real asked me to marry him!!! i didn't know what to say so i just avoided the qustion and i told him im too young, and we haven't talked about it since then. but today we were texting and he used my name but with his last name :/ i dont know how to feel about this. i mean, i want to marry him, but i might not feel the same when were old enough. and he's only like my 5th boyfriend ever and what if he's not the right one? help me pleaseee!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all we know your under 18 which means your too young to get married.
    Secondly, being together 4 months... you don't know eachother well enough. I've lasted at least 4 months with like 5 different guys. All which I thought were ''the one'' and now realize he is not at all. I know you like him and he likes you but you should wait a while before getting into big plans like that. Maybe he could get you a promise ring to show that he loves you but that's it really at your age & after only 4 months. You have plenty of time :) Don't rush because you might regret it a lot.

What Guys Said 10

• We know you are under 18 from your anon age so you are too young to be thinking about marriage - Tell your boyfriend you are not ready for marriage yet maybe in a few years.

• "but me and him have been together for almost 4 month"

You say "No".

It's been four months. Who the hell proposes marriage after four months? You could have spent literally every day together for those four months and you STILL wouldn't know shit about each other. Just no.

• You've been dating for only 4 months. Run away from this one
    fc04.deviantart.net/.../...everknowwho-d6m6usm.jpg

• 4 months. Long distance. Marriage. Under 18.

Are you insane?

Did he pop the question on Skype or Facebook?

• yah... he did

• :-/

Alright, I'm not one to lecture or tell people what to do. You're free to do whatever the heck you want, it's your life. However, I am 100% confident in telling you that this is NOT how you want it to go.

Take. Your. Time.
      Do it right the first time.

• ok thanks

• That's really creepy that he just put his last name after your first. Have you guys even met? You're right to wonder if he's not the right one because chances are he's not. He does not have a clue what he has really asked you.

• Slow down. It's only been 4 months. Even if you were 30 I'd tell you the exact same thing

• Yeah you guys are too young, and I think you should meet him in person before talking about marriage, now I'm not saying you can't date him, I have no problem with long distance relationship (its not something I would do tho).

• If you need to ask for help here then you shouldn't get married, :)

• hi me and my fiancee only dated for 9 months before i proposed however we were spending every night togther and we had sex everyday so we really got to know eachother and we already talked about having kids and all that stuff but me and my fiancee are over 18 and already have full time jobs so we can afford a wedding so please be careful i dont think you are ready to get married

• thanks and i know im not ready yet but im talking about getting married when im old enough like over 18

• This the 14 year old with the pedophile boyfriend?

• If it is then disconnect him from your life immediately before this gets too out of hand

What Girls Said 8

• I am assuming your boyfriend is far older than you. he is at a point in his life where he has already had a good amount of experiences.
    you have yet to experience those things.
    give yourself time.
    rushing into something will only cause you to feel unhappy in the long run.
    from what you have expressed here you feel the same way in which I am describing.

always take control of your own life.

• Keep your pants on. Hold your horses. Slow your roll. You're under 18. It's only been 4 months. Calm down. It's fun to talk future, but it's just talk. Keep that in mind.

• I'm assuming he's an age that you shouldn't be with. I consider that a pedobear relationship. Shame on him.

• ... just 4 months?

uhm well in your defense I went through the same thing except we were both the same age, knew each other for 8 years, were together for 15 months and he was my first boyfriend.

Uhm honestly, you've got plenty of time- don't rush things. Try to hit the 1 year mark and see if by then you feel as if he truly is the person who want to spend the rest of your life with.

Oh and stay safe!!!

• Of course not. You need more time with him and he seems to be saying it out of desperation and impulse.

• what? just 4 months and you're under 18?
    stream1.gifsoup.com/.../you-serious-o.gif

• Under 18 talking about marriage and children... Go do your homework.

• You answered your own question if he isn't the one than don't do it.