Guys, would you marry a woman who had a much better job/made significantly more money than you?

I am relatively young (29) and make $70000/year. Most of the women I work with are the bread winners. I personally would feel uncomfortable making more money than a man I was with, since I make enough money to do everything on my own (car, mortgage, Travel etc.) and having a man who couldn't pull his weight would be a financial drag. Since few men my age make more money than me, I've quite happily settled down with my cat.

There are more slightly more women than men who have my job but I live in a small city in the Canadian arctic and there aren't any large Canadian cities for another 1000 km

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you asking this question or for someone else? Because by your last sentence, it seems like you are more than content in being single rather than finding a man. What if the guy just happened to be super good looking, had great chemistry and had a low paying job would you dismiss him? One question is, if you job pays well, don't they have males in the job sector you are in, there has to be at least 1 guy who does, unless you met him and he's a complete ass. No disrespect, but I find this question a bit odd.

What Guys Said 21

• Yes. It's not like we're still living in the 50's. If the girl I married was well off, then that's just another bonus.

• I would, I don't really want to get married but if I did it's cause I love her and how much she makes doesn't really matter...

• I make enough money to support myself on my own, but not as much as you. I'd be fine with marrying a woman who makes more than me, as long as she doesn't hold it over me, and expect too much from me.

• I would marry a woman who made more money than me but I don't think that'll happening considering the field that I'll be working in pays extremely well

• I would be quite comfortable in a relationship with a woman who earned more than me.

• Then you would want someone like my son. He is 26 but making that. He should do far better as time goes on as he just came out of school a year ago. Look for a quy like that.

• I don't want to get married anyway. But, it wouldn't make me any more against marriage.

• Engineering major here, we could be rich together!

• For one, it would not sound like a good idea.

For two, thank you for plainly explaining how materialistic most women are.

• I would be happy to be a stay-at-home dad or house bunny for a well-earning woman.

• i'd be proud of what she'd achieved, and it wouldn't be a problem. With the cost of living differences it's difficult to see the UK equivalent

• it would mean us two have fewer rainy days and more sunshine together

• Just be alone, that's fine.

• Not if she sounds like a snob like you

• I am open for negotiations ! :D

• What do u do? I'd love to make that in a year.

• Pffft why would i have a problem with that?

• my fiancee currentley makes twice as much as i do working as a makeup artist granted i am unemployed and worked in a comic book store when we first meet. anyway while she makes more money than i do i honestley dont mind and she has a college degree as well and i dont so she will always have the upperhand in making more money than i do since she has so much more options when it comes to finding a job. however i am looking for another job and going on a job interview this Tuesday and if i get the job i can make a 100k a year. and i also hope on opening up my own sports bar this semptember at the earliest date if not i can wait until like December to open it. and my fiancee hopes to open up her own beauty salon and if all goes well we could easily make the same amount of money

• how about marrying for love rather than money.

• There are plenty of people (both genders) who make less than you, and yet they're perfectly capable of supporting themselves. Is the real issue that you wouldn't respect a guy who made less than you?

• Yeah, she'll be my Sugar Mama!