What age do you want to get married or what age did you get married? Or do you want to get married in the first place?

Also, add the reasons as to why you don't want to get married or why you want to get married at the age you do. If you're married, add the reason why you got married at the age you did.

I personally don't want to get married until I'm around 35/36 years old or maybe even my late 30's. I'm about to start teaching and I need to get some years of experience in to become financially stable and I'm not ready to settle down yet... at all.

• Under 18
  • 18-25
  • 26-33
  • 34-41
  • 42-49
  • 50 or older
  • I don't want to get married at all
@Oddhonesty You gave a thorough answer and we had a good discussion. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer to be married around 20-24 because I would like to start at family somewhere between 24-27. That's just my personal opinion though.

• Right and it definitely seems women want to settle down quicker than men. Most guys I know never want to settle down.

• It's true. I think women worry more about it never happening for them whereas men don't even consider it until a certain age. I am extremely worried about the family aspect because I have some minor reproductive issues that may hold me back, and I think the selected age range that I want to start trying at will be most beneficial time to try.

• I also think it's because many guys don't care about starting a family. Pretty much every guy I know wants to have sex for pure pleasure and we don't get too emotionally attached to a girl. This is why there are so many deadbeat dads, which is pathetic anyway.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't really want to get married.

• I'm 22... want to (and will) get engaged at the latter part of next year to my boyfriend. .. i want to get married at 24, and start having kids when I'm 25. The reason i want to get married, is because i want that security and bond happily married couples have. And even though i was born one, i don't want my kids to be bastards. Also... i can't WAIT to get that juicy big wedding ring my future husband is going to buy for me 😁

• Cool! Personally, I'm just not ready yet.

• Well you also have to remember since I'm a guy, we wait a LOT longer to settle down lol.

• Lol shame shame shame

• I got married at 20. We were already engaged, but we weren't planning to get married for another 2-3 years. Then he got deployment orders (they were leaving the next month) and that all changed. There was just an urgency to get married in case he never came back.

9 years later and we're still married with 2 little boys.

• That's awesome! I have noticed most of your marriages in the 16-20 range are military related.

• I don't want to get married. It seems like too much of a headache if the wrong people, that seemed right for each other at first, get together and become miserable. Why go through that?

• Well, that's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, two people might regret getting married at first, and then it turned out they were meant for each other and live happily ever after!

• I respectfully disagree. Happily ever after exists in Disney, not real life.

• @ninja-in-black Well that's not true. I agree it's not too common to see a "happily ever after" story but they do exist. My parents are living proof, as they've been happily married for 26 years now. My aunt and uncle just had their 40th wedding anniversary a few months ago and they are always happy. I've met many couples who have been married for decades and are happy.

• I would say 20-22 , because I dont have any reason to stay single.

I want to get my college degree first and then marry.
    I don't party , go out clubbing etc , I dont see the point in staying single.

• Well there are many people who "party" when they're married. However, they go to the bar when they're married, not clubbing.

• I actually wanted to be married by now. But that ship has sailed. So hopefully before 35

• I think 24 is a good age. But if I don't find Mr Right by then, then I guess I gotta wait...

• Right, and I think it's different for women, since most women in their 20's are ready to settle down, where as man never want to settle down lol.

• 18-25 definitely. looking forward to it.

• I want to be married by the time I'm 25.

• Thirties for sure.
    I want to be financially, socially, and emotionally ready.

• I married at 25. I marriedb my husband because he is awesome.

• I voted for the 26-33 category.

I am 21 (22 in a month) and I've never been on a date... so I don't see myself getting married anytime soon. However, I want kids and the later in life you have them, the more risks and complications there are. Plus when they're like 20 I'm going to be so old and tired (my mom had me when she was 38 and I'm seeing her now not have that much energy to do things... aging health issues are also creeping in).

• I can see your point of view here.

I've only been on one DATE in my life and I've never had a girlfriend. I'm in the same boat as you.

• parties and friends-of-friends are how all my friends met their boyfriends haha. i haven't tried online dating and i'm not entirely sure about it. I guess I'm a romantic but I would just prefer becoming friends with a guy first and going from there haha.

• I know so many people who have met people on Facebook and other social networking sites. It seems Tinder works for a lot of people too.

It seems people meet friends through friends before randomly meeting in public, which is a shame. It's a shame people (mainly girls) are afraid to meet in public. I don't have many friends and the friends I do have don't have many friends, so this is going to be tough. Oh well, just keep trying and I still recommend asking girls out.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't want to get married at all

1. It's rare to find a girl who hasn't slept around. I really don't want a wife who a bunch of random guys at parties or clubs were able to easily get into bed with.

2. Divorce is fairly common, the whole "till death do us part" thing sounds nice but rarely happens.

3. Divorce when it does happen is expensive and messy. Also who ever the higher earner in the relationship is usually ends up losing the most in a divorce.

4. I'm not religious and don't want kids so there's really no value in it to me even if reasons 1-3 weren't a problem.

• 1. I don't know any girls like this, at least here in the United States. Most girls ignore guys they meet in public these days anyway.
      2. Divorce is common but I wouldn't say people rarely stay together until death.
      3. I agree, this is ridiculous.
      4. You don't have to be religious to marry... one of my friends is an agnostic and he is planning on getting married. There are many non-religious weddings, at least here in the United States.

• Whenever both parties have matured and cleared their future plans.
    But basically if they intend to have children, they usually try to get married before their 30's (Or at least the woman).

• 23, already married :D

• I don't understand marriage, it is just a cultural construction and I rather not take part in it. I don't believe in monogamy so marriage seems odds enough to stay away from for that reason alone.

• I want to wait till i have graduated college and are working a job that will be enough to support me and the love of my life financially before even think about getting married.. you have all the time in the world to get married. i have seen so many people get into marriages at an early age and most (not all) of them last.. id say 18-23 is to early in my opinion unless you are financially stable then go for it..

• 28-32ish

.

• I'd rather get married in my mid 30's where i at least know fully what i want.

• You stole the words right out of my mouth. I want to get married in my mid 30's for the same reason (of course, I predict I'll be more financially stable as well.)

• I think that socioeconomic stability is far more important than age.

• I want to marry at 32.

• Last 20's !!!

• wtf guys 18-25 is kinda young i mean most people still liven in their parents house atm

• im 24 and engaged right now and we both dont plan on getting married until two or three years from now

• Never. Take that advice and thank me later.