Why don't women Marry guys they dated in high school (first loves)?

I am friends with a lot of girls from high school. And I knew the guys they dated in high school. But after seeing them on Facebook and meeting some of their husbands, their husbands aren't anything looks or personality wise than the guys they dated in high school (first loves).

Why so? Why don't girls Marry their first love or the guy they dated in high school? Did they Marry a completely different guy because they stopped being shallow?

Most Helpful Girl

• You grow up. Have life experiences. Dating experiences. Learn about yourself. Learn about others. Explore.

I can't even imagine if I'd settled down with the first guy I dated in high school. I was a completely different person than I am now, and I'm sure the same is true for him.

• How were you different?

• I was shy, more insecure, naive, inexperienced about dating or what I wanted. I think many of the attributes I have now that men seem to love and appreciate about me (and that I love and appreciate about myself) I did not develop until after high school.

What Girls Said 7

• People grow up a lot around the ages of 18-22. Sometimes their values change because, in growing up, they learn what really matters to them in life. In high school, they're likely just having fun, but once they reach adulthood they often want more serious relationships.

In other words, their standards change. It's completely normal.

• So does the more serious relationship tend to be more business and the High School Relationship tend to be all fun?

• When you are in high school you are still growing and you might not be clear about who you are, what you want and above all - what the other person is like and what they like and don't like.

• Because they are naive, and they realize that the person really isn't the one after dating them for a while.

• Because your wants and needs are completely different as you age than they are in high school

• But does that mean future guys you date mean less to you as you age?

• I'm glad my wife married me for me. She was attracted to me, loved my personality, and the $$$ was a bonus. The Benjamins weren't everything to her. It was a bonus.

• Great! Glad it worked out for you

• I don't even get why people date during their schooling era. People would be too young to choose 'the right one' for them at such early age.

• I know people date each other to hook up in bed, and because they think the person is hot and doesn't even care what their personality is.

• I hope not to offend anyone but I think of people who have sex underage are bad. But maybe that's just my opinion.. I honestly am A christian but not that religious.

• They don't propose

• Because when you're young and stupid you tend to not pick the best people.

• So how do you pick people when you are young and stupid? Do you pick them on looks and popularity?

What Guys Said 4

• they don't find em attractive anymore amybe?

• People usually are never the same people they were in high school than when they grow up. People change as they get older and finally "meet" the world.

• Marrying your first love is like committing suicide

• Cuz man humans aren't meant to be with 1 person their whole life let alone your high school sweetheart. U pretty much just shooting urself in the foot & foregoing so many experiences and a bunch of fun lol. To each is own tho!

• Thanks, makes sense!

• they find new interests and the men usualy grow up