What would you do?

Okay my 25 yr old cousin, told me that she got proposed, she explained to me that her fiancé (she didn't really like him that much and they only dated about a week) he proposed to her by surprise, she didn't know what to say so she just said yes. She told me that she thought that she could close out the marriage if things don't go well. But my dad told her that proposal isn't the same in America as it is in Vietnam. In the weird thing is she doesn't really know him they don't really know eachother, they had no date night they didn't even like even meet each other's family at all. She told me that she's been stressing out like these few nights she can sleep. So she's thinking that maybe if my mom dad talk to this guy may be that they could decide that the marriage would go on. Of of course I looked up I did some research on Facebook well I didn't like him as much and maybe I'm just being stereotypical. My cousin told me it was the only way to stay in the U. S.. I dunno what to do I told her she should cancel the wedding. I'm just worried that she could get hurt. (Please don't insult my cousin, she just didn't know)

Most Helpful Guy

• personally i'd let her do wott she wans... simply coz she's an adult ;)

What Guys Said 2

• Well if she marries him and he's a U. S. citizen she'll become a U. S. citizen but if she wants to she can break off the engagement. It happens pretty often

• Wait.. that can happen?

• Yeah. She doesn't have to marry him. She can change her mind and say no anytime

• Let her be!

What Girls Said 2

• That's dangerous. Firstly everything should of been legal and she should of done things the right way. Then (because it happens) she can break it off but he might flip. You can't do anything and she will probably do the breakup thing.

• there is nothing that you can do.